jimacton

Nov 22, 2003
I am a green horn when it comes to bikes. I road a motorcycle for the first time about 2 months ago and I have been bitten by the bug. I have since bought my brother a cheep bike to go trail riding with me. It's a KPX 150 which i think is a Chinese knock off of some other brand, but seems to be a good bike for the price ($1100 brand new). The problem is when my brother is going up small hills it seems to stall out on him at the top. Since he is also a green horn (I taught him how to ride) it may be something he is doing or it may be something with the bike. Can someone give me some advice on what to check whether my brother or the bike? Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
Welcome to the disease--er, club, man...but u will have to be clearer on your "stalling out": what are the symptoms? if u downshift, does it go away?
the possibilities at this point are too numerous to list, so give us more details...

jimacton

Nov 22, 2003
sorry about that. From what he says, when he is going up small, steep hills the engine goes dead at or near the top. He's usually in first or second gear when this happens. It does not seem to bog down as if he need to down shift when he's in second. It may very well be something he is doing wrong, I'm really not sure.
thanks for any info.

maco

Apr 16, 2003
If it's a steep hill and your giving full throttle to make it up you might be having a problem with the main jet being to small and the engine starving for more gas.This is a guess.

jimacton

Nov 22, 2003
Thanks Maco, gave that a shot last night. That must have been the problem, it's running great now. Good Call!
Thanks
Jim Acton

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom