wroof

Sep 6, 2000
im riding a 98' kx100 . which gear should i start in? i usually use 1st, coz i heard small bikes start better and has more power in 1st.
but today i was using a 2nd but sometimes it bogs abit before picking up. is it something to do with not revving enough?
its like funny because with 1st i can just hold the trottle there revvvvv and go, but with 2nd i was revving n revving n revving.
i wonder if thats the way.

------------------

Racerdude

May 24, 2000
When I had my 97 KX100, I promise you, I only DIDNT holeshot 1 Race. That is out of 17 races. I kid you not. My technique was first gear, holding the clutch out will it started to grab, then barely held in my front brake to keep the bike still. Depending on your body wieght, sit forward. Go out and practice and see how far back on the bike you can get with out doing a huge wheelie off the line. i usually could get about 3-4 inches from the gas cap on mine, but i was really big for a mini, at the time i wieghed about 140, and was about 5'7" Good luck on those starts, they are very important!

------------------
Air is great, but they put knobbies on these tires for a reason!!

Tyler #28
When in doubt, WFO

'01 KX125

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
yea i know how crazy this 100 can get! even if u said u holeshot 50/50 races, itll still be possible..... :p
its feels great to get out of the gates so fast, but when that happened my front end came up and i washed out. went from one of the firsts to left-behind-in-the-dust last!!
im 105 n 5'7", have to sit all the way front, and if i happen to slip back i'll probably wash out again.

------------------

zsr

Mar 17, 2001
I still vote for second. More control, less wheelspin. I don't know any fast guys who use 1st, even on a 60cc.

------------------
98 CR125 01 CR250 99YZF R1

Thanks to: Motorex / D.I.D. / Vesrah / YES Helmets

MX Madman

Oct 7, 2000
2`nd....no option!!
The longer the starting striaght,the more important it is.

------------------
KTM250sx(mine)
BSA B50MX 500cc(mine)CR80expert(son) MX Madman

Racerdude

May 24, 2000
Have any of you ever raced a modern KX100 successfully? (besides wroof) That is what I thought.....no. The only time I have ever used 2nd was at a half mile race.....it didnt even work well then! Good luck wroof, and thats a cool name too!

------------------
Air is great, but they put knobbies on these tires for a reason!!

Tyler #28
When in doubt, WFO

'01 KX125
Sponsors: Basic Bike Inc., Tambco Service Center, Royal Purple Lubricants, Lemonds' Kawasaki/Honda/Yamaha, Main Street Salon, Friends and Family

Thank you to all of you for making the year 2000 a success for P.R.O.!!

zsr

Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by Racerdude:
Have any of you ever raced a modern KX100 successfully?

1997 O.R.P.A British MX Champion (CR100)

no not me, my son.

2nd gear.

------------------
98 CR125 01 CR250 99YZF R1

Thanks to: Motorex / D.I.D. / Vesrah / YES Helmets

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

I guess i will try 1st as well as 2nd gear. then see how it goes from there. :confused:

------------------

Top Bottom