jimicarl

Aug 7, 2001
i've been rebuilding an '87 200. it's virtually complete and runs, but has a very weak spark. believe the problem to be the stator coil.

i have a replacement coil that matches the stock configuration. problem is..., the one i'm replacing is a very different animal altogether. at this point, i'm assuming it's after-market. it doesn't match any of the fiche diagrams for any KDX, we could identify back to '83.

i'm hoping that somebody out there can identify the coil or it's source, for me.

the coil is a one-piece unit (unlike the stocker, which is a two-piece stacked unit). the windings are coated with a milky-clear substance. On the side, is inked the number "1286F8" or "I286F8". on the top of the coil at each end where the screws secure it to the stator plate (which i believe is stock), the top winding plate forms a 5mm-deep flange that matchs the outer curve of the coil winding plates. that same characteristic exists on the lighing coil (which is not coated or numbered).

any ideas? i can use the new stator coil, but are really curious as to where the existing coil(s) came from.

sure would appreciate any feedback that any of you can provide!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom