STEFAN EVERTS vs RICKY / BUBBA

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
HiG4s said:
RC is 26,, Bubba is 20. there is almost as much difference between Bubba and RC as between RC and Everts..

So if trying to compare Everts to RC is a whole new era, then comparing RC to Bubba is a whole new era also, and RC is still beating Bubba.

I just can't leave this one alone. :)

The difference between 20 and 26 in negligible. Heck, the maturity that comes with 26 is a good thing.

The difference between 26 and 33 is best measured in dog years. After 33 it should be measured in goldfish years. :laugh:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Jon K. said:
Phhht!!! Windham couldn't beat Greg Albertine over an entire season.
Phhht Yourself!!!

Windham has proven to be quite consistent outdoors. Finished 2nd in the points 4 times (once behind Albertyne and three behind Carmichael), 3rd twice, and 8th in his first year on the 250s.

We all know Carmichael owns Everts, so at best, Everts would have been racing Windham for second over most of the past 6 years. Windham has beaten Everts several times. He also had 4 wins compared to Alby's three in 99. So speed is not the issue and he is also consistent enough in my opinion. Obviously there is no way to prove it either way, but its entirely possible.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
If you read again, you'll see I already considered your point...but I'll restate it once more...since you aint figurin out who I am talkin too.. ;)

He has been second to WHO for the most part...Carmichael. If Everts had thrown his hat into the ring over here...the BEST he could have hoped for would be racing for second with Windham/Reed/Tortelli. If it weren't for RC, Windham would have at least 3 AMA outdoor titles. Far from a loser...trolling or not. So I figure he can go across the pond and give him a run over there.

I don't want you to hate him or like him...I am just trying to introduce a little logic. It may be faulty logic but I'll never admit it. :moon:

PEACE :cool:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001

Maybe for you, how old are you?

And how is it Larocco's finished better in SX the years he was 28, 29, 30, and 33 then when he was 25, 26 or 27?

And I have to agree with the other post, in US SX or MX Everts would never have finished better than 2nd.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The most successful marathon runners are in their 30's. Why? Peak physical capability for males is 30. 'Course, leaves out cumulative injury, doesn't it? But if you could stay healthy, like RC seems to do......I hope he races until his hands fall off. ;)

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001

I'm 49, and that is my point exactly,, we aren't comparing us mere mortals to these great athletes.. we are comparing another great athlete..

I remember way back in my early 30s, when I tore my hamstring. I couldn't ride or play on my baskeball league for 6 months and wasn't back to normal for a year.. Jordan had the same injury and was back on the court in 3 or 4 weeks and was back to scoring over 40 a game by the playoffs a few months later.. Sure he was 6 years younger than me, but I don't believe that has much to do with why he recovered so fast.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…