stewart out for the mxdn

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
It's been reported that Stewart is going strictly Supercross next season.. Which means his Motocross career is over.

cnielse5

Subscriber
Exactly as Indy said. Stewart will be done for the year and I bet he does a supercross only deal next year. He doesn't do saturday practice now anyway. I can't say I don't blame him though. These Riders have soooo many races and events that they have to go too. I would get tired of travelling all the time too.

cnielse5 said:
It has been a Rumor around the dirt rag magazine sites. (RacerX, Transworld, MXA)
Digital Motocross from Europe covers the US stuff and a couple issues ago they said that Stewart had been complaining about the Outdoor tracks being too difficult and too fast - and Stewart was threatening to sit out MX next year unless they made it easier. . . Ironic because they had RC complaining about MX tracks being too easy.

I have no idea if it's true, but that's what they said was going on off the record.

Based on the last three years, it would appear that the outdoor tracks are too difficult for Stewart to ride RC's pace. You'd think Stewart would have just slowed down a bit this year.

Then again, MX is an entirely different bird than SX and requires a somewhat different skill set. Ballet vs. slugfest anyone. . . Perhaps Stewart is more like JMc than RC.

JBS is not going to quit MX....

He's still very young, and he probably feels less than fully confident right now. He will be back next season you can bank on that......

robwbright said:
Digital Motocross from Europe covers the US stuff and a couple issues ago they said that Stewart had been complaining about the Outdoor tracks being too difficult and too fast - and Stewart was threatening to sit out MX next year unless they made it easier. . . Ironic because they had RC complaining about MX tracks being too easy.

I have no idea if it's true, but that's what they said was going on off the record.

Based on the last three years, it would appear that the outdoor tracks are too difficult for Stewart to ride RC's pace. You'd think Stewart would have just slowed down a bit this year.

Then again, MX is an entirely different bird than SX and requires a somewhat different skill set. Ballet vs. slugfest anyone. . . Perhaps Stewart is more like JMc than RC.
Bubba's problem is that he thinks he needs to be like RC... He thinks he needs to win every race by 30 seconds or he's not on his game.....He lacks the ability to just ride, on the days when racing is going to get him hurt. RC had a lot of those days when he was 20 years old too, but eventually he just got faster than everyone.

JBS has not learned to settle in. You could see it this season a little more than in the past, but he still was pushing too hard. He was running with a sore back, and pushing too hard and that is probably why he hurt his knee. Whenever one part of your body is sore you tend to do things different to protect that injury.

JBS is not RC, and he is never going to be RC, but someone needs to tell him that because he thinks in his head that he should be.....