cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Exactly as Indy said. Stewart will be done for the year and I bet he does a supercross only deal next year. He doesn't do saturday practice now anyway. I can't say I don't blame him though. These Riders have soooo many races and events that they have to go too. I would get tired of travelling all the time too.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
cnielse5 said:
It has been a Rumor around the dirt rag magazine sites. (RacerX, Transworld, MXA)

Digital Motocross from Europe covers the US stuff and a couple issues ago they said that Stewart had been complaining about the Outdoor tracks being too difficult and too fast - and Stewart was threatening to sit out MX next year unless they made it easier. . . Ironic because they had RC complaining about MX tracks being too easy.

I have no idea if it's true, but that's what they said was going on off the record.

Based on the last three years, it would appear that the outdoor tracks are too difficult for Stewart to ride RC's pace. You'd think Stewart would have just slowed down a bit this year.

Then again, MX is an entirely different bird than SX and requires a somewhat different skill set. Ballet vs. slugfest anyone. . . Perhaps Stewart is more like JMc than RC.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
JBS is not going to quit MX....

He's still very young, and he probably feels less than fully confident right now. He will be back next season you can bank on that......

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
robwbright said:
Digital Motocross from Europe covers the US stuff and a couple issues ago they said that Stewart had been complaining about the Outdoor tracks being too difficult and too fast - and Stewart was threatening to sit out MX next year unless they made it easier. . . Ironic because they had RC complaining about MX tracks being too easy.

I have no idea if it's true, but that's what they said was going on off the record.

Based on the last three years, it would appear that the outdoor tracks are too difficult for Stewart to ride RC's pace. You'd think Stewart would have just slowed down a bit this year.

Then again, MX is an entirely different bird than SX and requires a somewhat different skill set. Ballet vs. slugfest anyone. . . Perhaps Stewart is more like JMc than RC.

Bubba's problem is that he thinks he needs to be like RC... He thinks he needs to win every race by 30 seconds or he's not on his game.....He lacks the ability to just ride, on the days when racing is going to get him hurt. RC had a lot of those days when he was 20 years old too, but eventually he just got faster than everyone.

JBS has not learned to settle in. You could see it this season a little more than in the past, but he still was pushing too hard. He was running with a sore back, and pushing too hard and that is probably why he hurt his knee. Whenever one part of your body is sore you tend to do things different to protect that injury.

JBS is not RC, and he is never going to be RC, but someone needs to tell him that because he thinks in his head that he should be.....

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
And you know this how?

I don't know it for certain, I'm guessing.....

It just is not part of his M.O. to be a quitter, he is a very driven person and as I said he is young.... He needs a little perspective.

I don't believe that he's been crying that the tracks are too hard, that is probably B.S.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
funkypunk97 said:
He will be back next season you can bank on that......

According to you, I can bank on it.

Although I have heard from pretty reliable sources that he is going SX only next season.

I'm gonna put my money on him not pursing an MX championship next season.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
IndyYZ85 said:
According to you, I can bank on it.

Although I have heard from pretty reliable sources that he is going SX only next season.

I'm gonna put my money on him not pursing an MX championship next season.

Well I have sources as well, I've been hanging around this sport for 20 years now.......and some are guessing the same thing, saying he will be back in MX next year......

Fact is no one knows for sure.....

If he needs major knee surgery, he is going to be off the bike for 6 months... that puts the SX season in jeopardy for him. RC had knee surgery at the end of the summer and missed the entire SX season.

If JBS is not healed for the SX season, and he passes on the MX season, that would put him out for an entire year of no racing. That is very hard to come back from.

If he wants to wuss out, I could care less.... there are tons of real men racing who don't cry about long seasons or bumpy tracks, I'll be just as happy watching Langston, Ferry, Short duking this out as I would watching JBS and RC.

I just don't believe Stewart is done, and logically I won't believe it until the season starts and he's not there...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I heard he was giving it up for outlaw open wheels

or monster trucks.

and ballet vs. slugfest? maybe ballet vs. charleston

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
IndyYZ85 said:

Care to name your sources? :cool:

I do think he will not race every single MX race next year, his actions (not showing up for practice and mentioning how long the season is) show the writing on the wall.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Sure, why not... He works for Bridgestone. He does tires for the Bridgestone sponsored riders. Stewart is one of those that he does tires for.

I am not saying that he couldn't be getting bad info, but so far, everything I have heard from him about what's going on behind the scenes has been pretty accurate.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
He's a young racer with potentially many years of racing left.

My bet right now he's pretty bummed with the combination of injuries and being dealt the RC treatment so many other "next greatest" riders have over the last 10 years.

I think we tend to read too much into stuff at times as a group. Being guilty of the same and having raised 6 kids of my own I speculate the following:

Issue number "1". He doesn't know where he will be physically next year so he doesn't know where his head and heart will be. This means no one else does either. Period.

Spurious info from a frustrated kid will leak out into the mainstream thru "in the know" types, some with vested interest in his future. Its all speculation because of issue "1"

My predictions? (Probably as accurate as anyone elses on the outside looking in)

1) He heals.
2) He takes time off. (Both for head and body..anyone think Kawi will make the same mistake with JS Honda did with RC? when all thought he was done???)
3) He gets the itch...
4) He see's a world without RC
5) He races and wins.
6) He remembers how good it feels to "in your face" the entire sport. (Money is nice too)
7) He wins more...and takes a championship or two or three.
8) He grows up and decides there are more things in life and transitions into a successful adult.

One thing is absolutely for certain. Motocross will miss the RC - JS battles that were and will be some of the best riding ever by two of the best ever. The BT RV battles don't evoke as much energy in the MX community as nothing else in the forseeable future do. I will miss them. I am looking forward to a JS - RV -BT world were some of that energy returns.

Last edited:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
IndyYZ85 said:
Sure, why not... He works for Bridgestone. He does tires for the Bridgestone sponsored riders. Stewart is one of those that he does tires for.

I am not saying that he couldn't be getting bad info, but so far, everything I have heard from him about what's going on behind the scenes has been pretty accurate.

That is a good source to know :cool:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Its is now posted that JS is out for the year and will undergo surgury.

Top Bottom