BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
With it thawing out today and tomorrow, Sunday would likely be fairly good, a few mud holes but overall great traction. Don't judge it by the parking lot unless it is super super slimey. Some of the mud holes and creeks will likely still be frozen for several more days.

crashnburn

Apr 24, 2004
Just got back from the 500 wasn't bad except in spots, and then it was real bad. Rode the new trail over on the 80 for the first time, great trail thanks to all those who layed it out. Would like to offer one suggestion on the new trail though it needs a few corners in it those long straightaways get old.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Would like to offer one suggestion on the new trail though it needs a few corners in it those long straightaways get old
"Watch you talkin' bout, Willis?"
Hope you got my message. I won't likely be able to ride for about a month. Hope you had a good ride.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
crashnburn said:
Rode the new trail over on the 80 for the first time, great trail thanks to all those who layed it out. Would like to offer one suggestion on the new trail though it needs a few corners in it those long straightaways get old.

i'm not much of a trail person but i really like that section. long straightaways are good. speed is always good.

brian, what's the deal with the month long hiatus?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hemroidal fissure. A major PITA! Likely surgery in a week or so.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
just ride a montessa for the next month........it has no place to sit down.

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
Any of you guys rode an occra event on a 450 bike set up for motocross ? Im thinking of trying one if the bike doesnt disagree to much.

Also getting a itch to go dune riding !

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
williamson425 said:
Also getting a itch to go dune riding !

hell yeah! i'm in for that! i've got a brand new paddle tire just begging to be put on.

i rode the golden eagle enduro at the 500 on my cr250 (now tx246's 250) with the mx setup. i backed off the clickers a couple and put on some ufo plastic hand guards. it was still a pretty stiff set up but i did manage to win my class. :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I ran my 450 stock but then added a Rekluse. OCCRA's fun, Blackjack is :cool:
Depending on when you want to go to the dunes, I may be in.

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
Cool id be down for an early saturday drive to sahara pretty soon and ride all day. A small group would be great.

I been wanting to try the occra just for a change up but kinda hesitant to go the uncharted waters. dead starts,, trees, pit stops, trees, rocks, trees, wild animals that walk upright, trees..

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The 500 is southwest of Stillwater. $25/year annual membership, unlimited access.
The park is actually called "Stillwater Cycle Park". It is run by the city and maintained by the volunteers of the Stillwater Trail Riders. Email me your Name, address, and phone #, I'll get you some info.
swiftt1 @ hotmail.com (remove spaces) put 500 in the topic.

Top Bottom