stock cr250 mod,, pipe alone with the money?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi guys,,
if you had new bone stock cr250 and added a gnarly pipe, would that suddenly make the bike run really different, like and enduro bike? ive also heard you shouldnt waste money on a pipe unless you crush the stock one or match it to a porting job.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
It would make a noticeable difference, but nothing drastic - you didn't indicate which year CR. The pre-case reed CR's ( pre - 2002 ) have more bottom end potential than the newer case reed models. For the money, porting will yield much more dramatic results than a pipe.

Where in North MS are you? I was just in Independence MS this past weekend - stopped in at Plum Ballistic - cool track.

Sorry - just noticed you said a "new" CR - case reed.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi, im in tupelo about 100 miles east of plum,,, was that a good track to go to,,one you actually "invited" to go to? i heard it was someone back yard?....i'm so tired of trace lake.

the cr in mind was a 01 model by the way.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
'01 has great bottom end potential, I couldn't give mine up until '05 - GREAT motor ! In my opinion probably the best CR motor produced.

Plum is a guys practice track, but it has to be at least a mile and a half long. It is littered with supercross style jumps. It is not as wide as I would like ( probably averages 15' in width ) but lots of fun. It is a come anytime track, and the guy running it is cool. It would be well worth the trip. Cost is $10. No hassles - just ride. I'll be visiting it several times this winter, and I'm 6 hours away !

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
ive rode a new 05 cr and couldnt believe how good the bottom was on it,,the magazines are crazy for bashing the cr's bottom end.

Do you come this way just to ride down there? surely there are tons of tracks up where you live.

what mods did you do to your 01 cr? did you ever try a rad valve?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom