bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
do you guys know how to find out the specs (dimensions) on the Stock 2003 YZ250F handlebars so that i can compare them with Pro Taper, Tag, and Renthal bends? I bend my stock bars up pretty bad on my last dump so i am looking for new bars.

I like the stock bend so i was wanting to compare.. what do you guys think the best bend for racing is? i am only 15 and 5'8" so i probley dont need i high bend i am thinking.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Well it's not completly accurate, but any "yz-bend" of bar will be fairly similar to stock. For instance Pro-Taper YZBEND, or you can get YZ high bend which will be a higher bend then your stock bar.

I suggest you go to www.mxsouth.com and look at the pro-taper catalog and check all the bar specs there and compare them to a "YZ bend"

Good luck!

PS. As for "high" bend bars, it's all personal preference. But if you were comfortable with stock I would go with the yz bend.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
FWIW- A few years ago, the stock YZ bends were virtually identical to the Henry/McGrath bend.

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
also are the AC3 pro taper bars anygood? sence i dont want to spend an extra $70 to be able to mount 1 1/8 bars on my stock triple clamps?

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
i was looking for an aswer to these questions:

1) are the Yz-Lo or YZ-Hi most like stock?

2) Are the AC3 bars any good? (the 7/8 pro taper bars)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
1) I can't help ya on this one other than to suggest that a taller rider would feel more comfortable with the higher bar. Never had a bike w/ stock bars.

2) I've always had renthal bars (when I've had 7/8" bars) they were less expensive and I never bent or broke a pair, so I don't know if they are any good or better. My 250 has pro tapers with KX high bend, feel ok to me.
Sorry I misunderstood your question.

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
no problem. i am looking at either the Renthal 7/8 bars or the Pro Taper 7/8 bars because i really dont have the money to spend on the mounting kit. so whats the renthal bend that resembles the YZ stock bend?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by bushtree
well my bars are off of a 2003 so i dont think its the henry bend

I'm pretty sure Doug doesn't have a patent on the bend, so don't be so sure. :cool:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Looks like you need part #966-03
Go here: Renthal Site

Converted:
31.61 inch width
3.62 inch height
2.20 inch rise
8.27 inch clamp area
2.24 inch sweep
These would be your stock specs (I believe) so now just compare these #'s to the diff brands.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
i'm not sure if this will help but... heres my story...

i used to run tag cr-hi bars

then i got an 03 250f and loved the stock bend but knew they wouldnt last

i put the cr-hi's on it and didnt like em (too much sweep and a lil too tall)

so i ordered tag kx/kyle lewis bend (little sweep, short, narrow) and really like em a lot

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
ok thanks everyone. it looks like i will either get the Tag X5 (part#2004) or the Renthal (part#966-03) they appear to be the exact same bend (802-width, 92-Height, 57-sweep)

do you guys think that the Tag or Renthal are better sence they are the same bend? like strenght, and duribility wise.. thanks

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I don't have any experience with the Tag bars, but IMHO Renthals are junk. I'm sure you can find plenty of people to disagree.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom