a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just a thought to everyone out there, read my reply on the stolen bike in Texas. I think this can work. If we can get DRN to make a new heading about stolen bikes, everyone can put their stolens on there and we can also post bikes we want to buy and they can be checked to see if they are stolen. I'm willing to help DRN'ers in the Orange County, Riverside and L.A. area for info on these bikes. I work in the auto theft unit with the CHP and am more than happy to help. We have a big problem with bike thefts around here and could use any help from fellow riders on catching the idiots that steal our bikes. If you think this will work, send a note to the webmaster and see if they would be willing to do this.

Carlo Marzocca
CHP Vehicle Theft Unit
714-705-6010

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Thanks Carlo, yes we definitely need some kind of online register, not only for stolen bikes, but any bike.

I wonder what the brains behine the DRN operation think about this !?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Not sure what their thoughts are but I sent them an email and suggested it. By the way, your bike is in now. Thanks
Carlo

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Glad to hear that it is in the system, lets hope we can recover it :(

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
I had one stolen a little over a year ago, never found. It was at the shop for some work, they were hit several times , along with other dealers, in a 4 month period then it stopped. to my knowledge none were ever found.
I was paid for the bike but I would have much rather had the bike.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
Heck, I live in a small town in Montana and we STILL have the same problem. I had an old (but still fun) 1986 atc250R along side my garage that we would thrash on occaision. Last winter I'm looking out the window along side the garage and realize it's not there. I look around the building and DANG IF IT ISN'T GONE. Some low life made with my 15 year old 3 wheeler.

I'm guessing it was gone for 2 months before I even noticed, which is the really sad part. :(

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I just got a reply from the AMA, no the do not have a national database bike registry, nor do they have an online registry for stolen bikes. They do however list the stolen bikes in their mag, which us honest AMA members then read !

Yes, we definitely need something for us bikers, Okie, how about putting something together, charge a small fee for annual registration, and then have a free service for stolen bikes.

Also put together some kind of online form for those of us selling and buying bikes, which will help in the process of verifying a legit bike, or cross check for a stolen one.

I think this service could put DRN on the map big time ! ?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I agree, I've helped alot of people from getting screwed by buying a stolen bike. I've also seen alot of people that have been screwed by buying one and they have no recourse because we can't find the jerk that sold it. If the DRN family sticks together, we can save our brothers from being ripped off.

Top Bottom