YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I have been thinking. I have a trailer (ie weekend retreat) in Branch south of US10. It is about 1 mile down Landon road from the Big O trail. Actually its my father-in-laws. They moved outta state for a few years and gave it to the kids (my wife) to use while they are gone.

Would anyone be interested in a camping/ridding weekend out there sometime this summer? Maybe in june.

The trailer is in about a 2 acre clearing in the woods. So there is plenty of room for camping. There is no power or luxeries. All there is out there is the trailer, pitcher pump, and outhouse (with a screen door :eek: )

I have a single track trail in the woods surounding the cabin for the kids to ride. There is no real neighbors out there and its nice and quiet ie we can get as loud as we want at night and no one will care.

We have The Little / Big O trail, Lincoln Hills, Little Manistee all within a short drive from the cabin.

Would anyone be interested in something like that??

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Ya hoo! My first thought is like that baseball movie "you make the plans, and they will come!" :aj: That sounds like fun Don!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sounds like Heaven to me!!!!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I'll have to check a few schedules, C.C.C., W.M.T.R., W.I.F.E., and see what weekends may work. Sounds like we may be able to make something of this.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
O Yes...................... There is nothing I like more than camping and trail riding in that neighborhood. My friends try to camp out at Tip Cup or Little Manistee once a month. If the date you pick out works for me, I would like join your party. Here is another picture from Tin Cup... I know Woodsy will like seeing the green machines in this pic....

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
How does the weekend of June 25,26,27 sound? Looks to be somewhat in between most everything else.

We could move it back 1 week if necessary to the 19th. Let me know what works.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
oakesmi2 said:
I would be intorested if there is room for one or two more

There is room for lots of people to camp there. The cabin only sleeps about 6 comfterably if ya want to get real cozy :laugh:

But there is lots of room to set up a tent or camper.

So far there is no one confirmed yet. Maybe just you :thumb:

Attachments

• cabin1.jpg
    cabin1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 284

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
How does the weekend of June 25,26,27 sound? Looks to be somewhat in between most everything else.

We could move it back 1 week if necessary to the 19th. Let me know what works.

:cool:
Don,
The weekend starting June 25th looks good to me now.... I hope we can find a few more riders.
Gary

:ride: ----------------- :ride:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Sounds like that is a good weekend then.

Looks like its maybe
Tall 1
Oakesmi2
me and probably my kid
My buddy Keith and probably his Bro
Maybe Hubey and wife.
Friend Dan from Indianapolis.

The only problem that I have is my son. he is 7. For me to do a "fun ride with the guys" I gotta find a way to keep him at camp. My wife works nights and probably wont be coming with us. So that means either I find a sitter and leave him at home or take him with me. I would much rather leave him home. But I dont know if that will fly with the wifey.

So what I guess I am saying is if anyone else wants to bring there non ridding significant other and kid. There is room to ride at the property for the kids. That way we could have a day care of sorts while the guys go out to play. :yeehaw: Just a thought.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Here is were the cabin is.

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v97/yzman400/Misc pictures/Bigo_map_0001.jpg

Its on the LH side of the map just below us10. It is circled and arrowed.

Most people would be coming in down US10 either east or west. Turn south on Landon road. The road goes past train tracks and over a small river. It then turns to dirt. The cabin is like 1 mile past (south) were it turns to dirt. Its on the RH (west) side of the road.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Just bringing this back to life.

Are we on for that weekend? Who wants to go? I know there was some interest here from a few. lets hear it. Sound em off.

As long as the weather coorperates I am on for that weekend still June 25,26,27.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey I was just informed that the inlaws are coming into town that weekend. And I think that they are staying at the cabin while they are here. So I am gonna have to postpone this camping weekend. I'll figure out some other time that we can go. Sorry.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Allright folks its back on....Sort of.

I am going to be camping up at the Cabin the weekend of July 16,17,18th. It looks like there is gonna be a pretty good size group there. While this is not the weekend I had in mind for our Dirtfest, what the heck the more the merrier. If anyone wants to come on out we will be there.

I was origionally thinking something more towards August. And there very well may be one then. But I figure as long as I am gonna be up there on the 16,17,18th. you all are welcome to join in on the fun.

Let me know.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Allright folks its back on....Sort of.

I am going to be camping up at the Cabin the weekend of July 16,17,18th. It looks like there is gonna be a pretty good size group there. While this is not the weekend I had in mind for our Dirtfest, what the heck the more the merrier. If anyone wants to come on out we will be there.

I was origionally thinking something more towards August. And there very well may be one then. But I figure as long as I am gonna be up there on the 16,17,18th. you all are welcome to join in on the fun.

Let me know.

Don,
I thought you would get a bigger response from this forum to this excellent offer. Our group from south west MI will be camping at Tin Cup July, 14th - 18th. We will be back in Mid August. If your August date does not conflict, I may take you up on your August ride. Maybe I'll see you up there (on the trails) this weekend...
Gary

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well it wasn't exactly the weekend that I wanted but it wasn't all bad either.

The weather really didn't coorporate at all. It rained Saturday night and on and off most of saturday afternoon. The skeeters were ferioucious.

We still had a pretty good turnout. There was

Keith and dog. Oh yea and his neighbor kid Derrik came out friday night.

Kurt

Dan

Brian, new girlfriend and 3 kids.

Me and Brendon. My wife stoped out Friday night after work.

Keiths boss Lauri, her friend, and 2 kids stopped by friday night and saturday.

A friend of mine stopped sat night by for a few frosty's and to show off his new blue cast on his broken wrist (our recent Little O ride)

The kids rode there bikes almost nonstop for 2 days. They ate like horses and when night fell the dropped into sleep like the dead. My kid slept for 12 hours sat night and woke up at 11:00am.

I overindulged a little friday night and was feeling no pain at all. They all new I was serious when I threw the cap of the fifth that I was passing around into the fire.

Saturday morning I woke up early feeling suprisingly chipper considering all the spirits I had consumed the night before. I considered giving everyone the 7:00am CRF revlimiter wake up call but opted to go back to bed for a little bit.

After breakfast and a big ol pot of camp coffie Brian, Kurt, Dan and I went for a ride on the Big O which is just down the road from me. Brian had a major rear flat tire on his yz426 and opted to ride on it instead of fix it. Dan was on Keiths warrior quad, Kurt on his wr250 and me on skippy (the CRFX). We went like 10 miles when Dan anounced that the quad was almost outta gas. It was full when we left and in 10 miles had consumed almost 3 gallons of gas. Do you see a problem here??? So we headed back towards camp. Dan ran outta gas about 3 miles out. I went to camp to get him a big slam of gas (mountain dew bottle) and that was enough to get him back.

After that ride it started raining on and off all night.

We packed up Sunday morning and headed to Baldwin to get some breakfast and headed home. With all the dampness and mud of the weekend all I could think of was a shower and a nap.

Overall it wasn't a bad weekend just a wet one. My kid has his work cut out for him as he has to wash his discustingly muddy TTR90 this week and change out the bars, grips, and new air filter that I just got from Keith. He is 8yrs old and old enough to learn how this stuff works.

I taught my boy another small lesson as he was ridding his bike as soon as we got to camp. I never filled the gas and he never looks. After a few hours of ridding he finially ran outta gas at the back of the property. After shouting for help he finially found reserve and limped it back for more gas. One of these days he is gonna check the gas b4 he rides. Maybe.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Don - GREAT REPORT!!! Show's that us true blue dirt shooters can have fun in spite of rain, skeeters and "out of gas moments"!! Glad to hear that you are practicing some of those parenting skills but I got bad news for ya; my son is 19, has a full time job and his own car and he still runs out of gas :) Of course, it is possible that forgetfullness just runs in my family, not probable but possible!
Sounds like I am missing LOADS of fun - thanks for writing!
Woodsy

Top Bottom