BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm really wanting to ride! Been slow this week but the rain has kept me off of the bike (mostly). The back pasture is seeming really REALLY small. I'm busy Saturday but open for Sunday, preferrably not a race pace.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I could do that. I'm tied up Saturday afternoon. Do you still have my number?

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Going to be at Lake Murray on Saturday and Sunday and you are free to come ride with us. There will be 4 of us, all on bikes, so feel free to come join in.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
talked to Chuck C. yesterday, he'll be riding the 500 sunday morning, so I'm gonna go there and see some fast lines and some new secret trail he was telling me about.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
OKKX'r and I intend to be there 9-9:30.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Looking to be there aroung 9-9:30.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
Nice to meet you all sunday morning.

Had a blast riding with Chuck and CrashNBurn.

The dirt was great out on the red loop, the trail was littered with some crazy puddles that kept you on your toes. We must of had some high winds over this past week because there were a handful of new log crossings out there, fun stuff!

Chuck hauls in the woods, hard to keep up with him in the open, could make up a little time in the tighter/rougher stuff.

The pace led to some pucker factor and near misses during the ride. I got my bonehead stuff out of the way without any harm in the first couple miles. Chuck took a gnarly spill on the uphill right before the 80 road crossing. Some bruises and a couple bike parts all will be good though.

I still have 4 gallons of pre-mix... so I might go back out monday sometime.

Looking forward to riding with everyone again.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We had a great ride. I hated to see you all leave so early. We loaded and left at 5 pm. I saw the where the bark was missing from the tree that Chuck hit. :yikes: Traction was primo!
OKKX'r and I took an old trail that is a cutoff for the 80, bad mistake! Only thing missing was some banjo music and a gator! When Don got off his bike, it just stood there. That low area is pert'near bottomless muck! Can't wait for the 80 to be opened back up. The new trail sounds awsome.
I don't think I can make it out tommorow but I'll see.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Went out with son-in-law Saturday for a few hours. My old elsie has probably never had so much mud on it--extra clearance of newer bike would have been nice. I still don't completely understand the layout of the 500. I always just end up wandering through the trails trying to follow the signs, but am sometimes on blue and sometimes on red trail (I think). I kind of luck out and end back up near the parking areas. Has anyone ever made a rough map of the trails?? I still haven't figured out how to get to the east 80 I've been hearing about. Do you ride the red trail all the way to get there?? Except for the occassional lake of deep mud (I swear my entire engine case was under at one point), the dirt was perfect.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
2stroker -- there's a sat image with all the trails GPS'd and overlayed onto the image. I hear it is floating around the internet "somewhere"

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
the blue loop circles the entire area counterclockwise. Anytime your on the blue arrows and going the correct direction, you will eventually return to the parking areas. The red trails leave the blue, wander thru the trees, and return to the blue.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Thanks everyone. I did find a post on RideOK where a GPS overlay map used to be, but is currently a blank box (on my work computer, anyway). I'll e-mail the poster to see if I can get a copy. That would be neat to carry in case I ever break down along a trail and have to try to hoof it out.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The 80 is temporarily closed more maintenance. Due to all the spring rain, riding it would destroy it. Should be opened back up soon. The milage signage was a good attempt at giving some perspective. Red numbers indicate distance on the red loop while the blue numbers gave you distance on the blue trail. The blue trail is the wide freeway type riding while the red is for real riding!:laugh:
I noticed a bunch of new toe breakers. Another work day is in order before the Golden Eagle.

Top Bottom