Sunset Ridge (Walnut, IL) Sat 3/15 & Sun 3/16!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well... the forecast looks great and it sounds like Sunset Ridge should get off a good weekend of riding and racing! Open practice Saturday and their first race on Sunday. Weather.com is showing 63 for Saturday and 65 for Sunday!! About darn time!! :)

Bob updated the message today to say things are looking good but call Friday for the latest. The message yesterday said "hopefully" but now the "hopefully" is gone!!

www.sunsetridgemx.com

We'll be there without a doubt! For those of you considering - Sunset Ridge is laid out in rolling hills, wfo is spots, awesome sand/dirt/loam soil, very multi-lined, and natural terrain type jumps (mostly tables). I'm guessing a big turn-out for the weekend. May be wet Saturday morning but should work up well with a good showing.

So... who's planning on making the trip?

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
Oh yeah i'm there for sure. I'm bringing my walking shoes because if i don't get 1st i have to walk home. THAT MEANS YOU ALL GET OUT OF MY WAY.

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
"Points chasing 2003", Count me out...
Do to a wife and three growing kids
I will be only practicing and Racing the Nuke series
this season...
The "Damp sand" at Walnut is the Best traction...Free camping too!

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
A buddy of mine was planning on riding at the new indoor track down by Dekalb this Saturday. I just sent him and another buddy your posting. If I can change there minds, we'll be there. I wasn't planning on digging the bike out of storage yet, but 63 - 65 degrees and WFO riding is almost to good to pass up. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb:

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
It's going to be a great weekend at a great track. Unfortunately, family obligations will be keeping me away. Lets just hope the weather remains this nice. Plan on being there the weekend of the 22nd.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
eswan - practice is usually 9am-4pm or something like that. I'm sure it'll be on the answering machine message later this week (and probably the web site too). I imagine if a lot of riders show up for practice, they will probably break it into groups like: A, B, C, minis (60's & 80's), quads. If you've never been there - it's definately worth the trip sometime this Spring.

Dist1730b - yeah we decided to not chase points this season, too - after doing it pretty much full time the past 3 years. It's gonna be hard... but I think it's time for a little break.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
only one question, why the heck would anyone ride indoors if they could ride a real track outdoors............yep i am bias...............LOL

course I would be at bob's sunday but I got a feeling that instead of racing I should be doing something else. oh yea there is a ton of trail work starting someplace....... winter ruts need to be smoothed.

wardy

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
I'll definitely be there on Saturday. I'm not sure if I want to race on Sunday though because I haven't raced or even ridden since November. What do you guys think?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
wardy... exactly... the indoor places are gonna be QUIET this weekend LOL!

Practice is 8am-3pm on Saturday - $20

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!! :yeehaw:

Tech kid - see how Saturday goes then decide on Sunday.

CRboy167

Sponsoring Member
Jan 18, 2000
Looks like I better take off the hard pack rear tire from last year put the mudders on!!! DAMN I love Sunset Ridge!!!!!!! Can you say SMOOTH!!! Saturday is the day for me. Thanks Nikki

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Tech Kid - I think just about any tire will hook up great in Walnut's wet sandy loam. But if a ton of bikes show up (which I'm sure will be the case) then the track might get hardpacked in spots by later in the day. Man I'm excited about this weekend! All of you who come out - make sure to come by and say hi! We'll have a stickered up 24' trailer and a navy blue F250 PSD.

And if anyone wants to buy a 125 - it might be available for a test ride :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Here's the latest forcast from weather.com:

Friday - high of 54 - 0% chance of rain
Satuday - high of 66! - low of 51 - 0% chance of rain
Sunday - high of 62 - 40% chance of rain

Might have to break out the vented gear for Saturday!! Wooohoooo!

carnage

Mar 16, 2001
Tech Kid, I run an M12 rear out at Sunset and it hooks up great. You should be fine. Your gonna love that place!

The weather is looking great for those of you heading out this weekend. I'm bummin I'm going to be missing it :(

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Originally posted by wardy

course I would be at bob's sunday but I got a feeling that instead of racing I should be doing something else. oh yea there is a ton of trail work starting someplace....... winter ruts need to be smoothed.

Ahhhhh, that's what Mondays are for, Wardy...things are going to be getting busy with Megacross soon, so you better get out now!

James

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
So how many of you will be racing on sunday? What classes?
Ill be racing 250C and 14-24 if im feeling good enough. Its been a long winter, Im so glad the season is about to start.

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
Hey nikki i saw you in the C practice. Did you see me? I was number 754 w/o a rear fender cuz i fell in that first muddy corner after the straight and got ran over. haha. It was a cool day, except the first session i went too fast for not riding all season and i crashed like 3 times, but my last 2 sessions i was on the bike.

Ed 250

Dec 18, 2002
TechKid,
I remember seeing a Suzuki rider moto by with a missing rear fender. I don't remember the number, was that you? I was also in the C rider session riding a Honda #808.

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
haha yep that was me. I hated not having a fender. i felt like such a hillbilly. I could see everyone look at me and laugh. oh well. What year was ur honda?Do you race around here locally?

karterron

~SPONSOR~
Mar 24, 2002
Was that Nikki's pit the ambulance spent a long time at? I saw it over by there but didn't see who was hurt or what was going on, it was there for a while though.

Top Bottom