Super KDX- A Premoe 97 KX-500 for Hairscrambles

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Yes any pro's or con's on the KX-500 for Hair & GNCC type of racing, trail riding, A friend of mine has started to street ride and is giving up on the dirt. Its a 97 all stock, Bought new and only been riding a few times with his brother who has a 95 CR-500 and booth are in there late 40,s Also he is a motorcycle mechanic so OR I hope he did all the Maintanance, Looks like New anyway. Your thoughts and opions needed before its gets away.

91kx

Mar 6, 2004
It definately takes a different riding style than a 250 if that's what your used to. You have to be smoother on the throttle and set up for the corner earlier.But I'd have to say the KX likes to chug pretty low and doesn't seem to mind on-off throttle situations as much as the new 4-strokes that I've ridden.If you're just doing it for the fun of it I' definately recommend one.Just keep an eye on the bolts (vibration) and prepare to lean the pilot jet down if it hasn't been already.Pitbull-racing.com is a great site for info except I find their jetting chart off on the pilot.Best of luck!

Top Bottom