razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
On this site a couple of weeks ago I saw a guy's Kdx that was converted to a super motar bike. My son would really like to do this to his bike. He rides it on the street daily. I have forgotten where I found the link to his pages and what the name of his site was. Could you please email me at razrbakcrzy@earthlink.net if anybody knows.

Thanks

Jim

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Thats it!

Hey, Could you give us a list of all of the parts you used to do this. He wants to do this to his bike, it's a 1992 200. Specifically wheels, tires and anything having to do with the breaking system, (eg. rotors and calipers) frontend and gearing.

Jim

Gerg

May 7, 2002
I didn't swap out the front rotor or caliper, I left them stock. For trackdays, that was fine. I also didn't mess with gearing, it seemed to work well for the tracks I was on. I don't remember if I changed gearing originally, but I may have (prior to being a motard).

I swapped out the front end with the front end off a '99 KX250 (forks, triple trees). You have to press the stering stem out of the KDX clamps and into the KX clamps (There are lots of threads on here about that swap, which I used to do it). The wheels are 17" Excels with Buchanan spoke which I laced to the stock wheels (now a KDX rear and a KX front). I've been running Shinko's on it (don't laugh, they were cheap as hell- $134 for a set!!) and am happy with them for what I do. They wouldn't last on the street, though. My KTM 625SMC has Pirelli's on it, and they're fine.

Wheels/spokes came from sprocketcenter.com, tires from sumofallparts.com.

Since the front end is now a KX250, there are options for a SM brake system. I had one on order from Motostrano.com, but got stuck in a backorder between model changes (last year to this year) so I canceled the order. They do offer a MotoMaster kit for a KX 250. There aren't really many options for a KDX, you may get lucky and find something that fits, but not likely.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Greg

Top Bottom