robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I bought the Supercross Classics DVD at the Indy Supercross.

It's a pretty cool video with extensive highlights of probably 20 races from 1983-89. No Anaheim '86, tho. :|

I note a couple differences between racing then and now.

1: The announcers SUCK!! I thought the guys today were bad, but they don't compare to whoever was doing the races in the 80s. "IS IT GONNA BE JOHNSON?! IS IT GONNA BE WARD?! IS IT GONNA BE HANNAH?!" LOL.

2: The tracks look about as difficult as the local tracks around here and the riders aren't nearly as fast - especially in the whoops. I guess the suspension and handling is REALLY A LOT better now than it was then.

3: RJ's best "trick" so far was a one footed lean over. That was COOL back in the day, but looks kinda stupid today.

Anyway, for all you old guys ;) it's a pretty cool vid.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have it too. If you watch it all at once you can notice the way the suspension improves year to year.

Stuff Hannah couldn't pull off in 93 he was doing bigger in 86.

I spent all day Sunday watching the DVD and then watched the Indy race on Speed afterwards. Good day.

Ivan

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I bought it, i like the tracks back then alot more than i like them now.. Agreed, the announcers werent that good, but back then, seein a race on tv was excitement enough, i could of cared less who was announcing, just as long as it was on tv, usually a few months after the race happened :laugh:

Top Bottom