Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
I didnt want to start gripeing in the Bailey thread cause it wouldnt be proper. But after thinking of davids accident and how his career changed and he could no longer ride bikes. It pisses me off that people like Bradshaw and others waste their talent and retire because they give up. Im sure some of you will disagree but I just think its aragant of riders to give up when they reach such a high level. Im trying to think of some others that have thrown the towel in early but im drawing a blank right now. What do you guys think of bradshaws career? Funny if Honda didnt show interest in Guy Cooper at the last round of 92. Coop probably wouldnt have went so far out of his way to hold Bradshaw off in the last race of 92. Although Cooper never liked him anyways. Stanton had to win with bradshaw getting 4th or worse and Bradshaw had to get 3rd I believe to win the title. Cooper rode the race of his life purposely riding extra hard to beat bradshaw so he couldnt win the championship. That race changed bradshaws career.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Dan105
Cooper rode the race of his life purposely riding extra hard to beat bradshaw so he couldnt win the championship.

you must not have seen many of coop's races if you consider that the ride of his life. he just flat outran him that day.

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
naw i havent seen many of coops races. I just remember that story and thats how it was worded. Thats even better that he just plain out ran him. Anyone ever been to CooperLand? Id love to head out there someday.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Anyone ever been to CooperLand? Id love to head out there someday.
Oh, just a few of us :laugh:

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
I don't know...it seems to me like Bradshaw should be able to do whatever he wants just like you and I. It shouldn't matter his profession. Maybe he just wanted to go fishing and hunting in Northern Idaho more than he wanted to race bikes at that point.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom