Suspension Work

I've been thinking about getting my suspension overhauled over the winter.
Can anybody out there recommend a reputable suspension workshop in the central New York area? (99' KDX 220R)

KDXNick

Subscriber
I like Pro-Action's work. They arn't too far, with their headquarters in Beaver PA.
-Nick

Thanks to all! Has anyone ever heard of GP Racing and there suspension work I think they are up near Saratoga, NY?

FCR racing suspension, They are in Ohio, but he has experience with the KDX, i race the GNCC's and NHS and he does my stuff...Tell him Jimmy Woodford sent you and he well take good care of you. his web page is www.fcrsuspension.com

JCW

Subscriber
Personally, I think Pro Action is better at MX valving than enduro valving. I have tried their work and heard from others who agree with me that their work comes out too harsh/stiff for most trail riding situations. I would check with Jeff Fredette.

JCW

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
Factory Connection is in New England.  Never ridden a KDX with their suspension but they did the work on my CRE and it is sensational in the woods.

http://www.gpssuspension.com/ Great work, Great service
and Great price. Give Gary a call he'll set you up.
Mark

BRush

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by fxmatt
Thanks to all! Has anyone ever heard of GP Racing and there suspension work I think they are up near Saratoga, NY?
Glens Falls or near there. A lot of upstate people use them. I have not myself, but I ride with those who have and they said they were satisfied.

KDXNick

Subscriber
JCW is right, Pro-Action is a bit harsh for trail riding as well as technical stuff. At a race pace, on the pipe, it just seems to float over ruts and roots like magic. I do wish for a little more plushness while trail riding, it does cause a bit more arm pump than I would like when I trail ride. Jeff, 'a man much wiser than myself' (Big Lebowski quote), probably has the best solution for you.
-Nick