swingarm installation problems. please help

theklink

May 4, 2006
I have a 99 KX250 and just replaced all the suspension bearings and want to get everything back together. Problem is that the swingarm refuses to fit back between the frame. I cant believe this. The swingarm bearing collars are simply too wide. I've tried using a mallet, but am afraid of damaging the collars. I've greased up the frame but no give. I used the bolt to cinch the swingarm end to close the gap and then tied it off with cable but still nothing. I'm about to loose my mind. If anyone has any ideas I'd REALLY appreciate hearing from you.
thanks
dan

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Are the collars wider than the swing arm? Sound like you may have the wrong ones. I did a bearing change out on a 99 KX with no difficulties but that has been a few years ago and I don't remember all of the details.

theklink

May 4, 2006
thanks for the advice BSWIFT. i love these forums for all the great info they provide, but i'm not relishing my stupidity on this one. i installed the swingarm sleeves incorrectly. once i FINALLY figured that out, it was smooth sailing. lesson here people is dont overlook the obvious!
thanks for your help
dan

Top Bottom