Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
getting ready to take my swingarm off and grease it for the first time . this is one thing that i have never done before but it doesnt look to difficult to do . i know you put grease in the swingarm and bearings but do you guys also take the Unitrak ams and shock off and grease those bearings also ? looks like six bearing in the arms and one in the lower shock from a parts digram . thanks in advanced for your help , i just want to get right the first time . :ugg:

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
there should be 3 bearing s I believe, and they are all in the swing arm. Take the swing arm completely off. Then take off the bushing spacer things. now push out the middle piece of the bearing. Take a crapload of grease on your finger, and shove it in onto the needlebearings. Make sure to work the grease in them with your finger. Do the same with the other bearings.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The top shock mount is a rubber bushing. No need to grease, but inspect it for wear.

There are 4 bearings in the swingarm that ride along the pivot shaft bolt.

When you take apart the Uni-Trak linkage, there are 6 bearings to grease.

The lower shock mount has only 1 bearing to grease.

Make sure you clean all bearings thoroughly with brake cleaner, then blow them out with compressed air. Pack with a good bearing grease. I like Pennzoil Marine grease.

When you assemble the dog bone shaped side plates, make sure that they are seated completely over the sleeves as you tighten the bolts down.

Do a search, there's a ton of good info on the greasing process in this forum.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom