tail whips

i was just wondering how you guys do those tail whips?are there any vidios out there that show how to do some of that stuff. i cant seam to do anything with my bike in the air except a crossup(woohooo) :o

------------------
95'XR600-my toy
00'XR100-wifes toy
00'KX65-sons toy
91'Z50-daughters toy
"See Ya On The Trails"

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
I'm going to move this to Wardy's Riding Technique forum. You will get more responses in the correct forum.

I believe that this same question has been asked in that same forum fairly recently. There were some good responses. You can use the search function to help you locate previous threads that might cover the subject of Whips.

what i do is i pick a pretty steep jump and start to throw the bike over when i hit the very top of the jump, like you're fixin to go into a berm. then twist a little and push your bars to get your bike to turn more. when i whip it, my bike pretty much comes back around on its own, but when i throw really sick ones, i weigh the peg on the side thats whipped out and push with my legs to get it back around. trust me, whipping isnt something you just go out and do, it takes time to learn how to do it without bustin it. trust me......i lost some more ribs when i first started learnin hehe...hope this helps.

*Big bikes should be very afraid*

MXRacer9
2001 KX85 (mod)
2001 KX85 (stock)

I'm going to tell you the easiest way I know how to do a tail whip! All you do is take a jump that is at least 7' tall and 30' long (at least.) Then you try different speeds on the jump to where you clear the jump almost every time. Then you take the jump again and in the air twist your handle bars(which every way is easiest) and make your body do a smooth tail whip motion, and staighten out before you land!

Sincerely,
Eric

i have been doing small whips over my 35 foot double in my back garden on my 85. all i do is just lean the bike over and twist my body look back most of the time. i hope this advise helps you.

p.s... put ronnie renner to shame!!

post some pics of your whips over the 35. the ones you posted are cool. i wish i had a backyard somewhat close to that.....

that is my 35 foot. the double isnt 35 foot its only 25 foot. 35 fot is where i land out on the flat.... its true my and my brother measured it.... 3rd gear pinned! or 4th medium revs!... i will see if i can find more pics i have more im sure of that. anyway cheers for lookin at them!

ellandoh

dismount art student
Mi. Trail Riders
u r gettin there for sure :) :aj:

Here's another I just found from a couple of years ago on the same jump but the track is going in the other direction. http://wopr.myftp.biz/pics/2%20Riding%20pics/Joe-Jumpin'%204.jpeg