Talk about making us look bad ...

stevensj2

Jul 25, 2006
04rm125 said:
i havent herd anyone of you incorparate money into this. that looks like its in a pretty poor or unrespected place. so were is the P.D. going to get all this money for....hilacoptors, unmarked cars, gas station stakeouts. not sure

That is a good point.

But at the same time, it could be argued that it only takes 2 police cars to block off a street, and not a single penny to pull out a gun and yell "Freeze!"

It looks like they are often on a small residential street. The neighbors have to be complaining, so I am sure its location is no mystery.

There is a lot of political nonsense that goes into decisions made by the police, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see that it isn't money, but an ulterior agenda, that has the police so lax about doing anything.

I'd imagine the dialogue to go something like this:

--- The Gov't, City, and Police drink scotch over a dimly-lit hardwood table ---

Government: We don't like dirt bikes. They should be banned.
City: Agreed. But we cannot do that unless the police have filed reports of a problem.
Police: Correct you are, sir. Though we first need complaints. But, without anyone riding them, no one can make complaints.....hmmm...what shall we do..

** The TV comes on in the background: BREAKING NEWS! Thugs on drit bike terrorize city! **

Gov't, city, and police together:Well well!

--- The three ding their glasses together and relax, smugly smiling in thought ---

May 10, 2007
georgieboy said:
Damn, these guys ride better wheelies than i.
It is better that they stay off the dirttracks since they are better than any motocrosser i know of. ;)

HA your funny

do you think ANY of them could even ride at a normal mx track. even an easy one. they would start sliding on the dirt cuz they are used to pavement. they wouldnt be able to jump cuz they are used to flat ground.

but it would be funny watching them try to do wheelies and then hit a jump....

to stop it why not drop those things that pop tires. they will start going THUNK THUNK THUNK and will stop. fine their tire messed up and be screwed.

down side to that is that it would pop car's tires though....

04rm125

May 15, 2007
no, in that place, cops do not ever want to pull out a gun rite away, my uncles a cop and deals with some of this stuff. he said that the first thing they tell you to do if your going to pull out your wepon is you want to make sure none of them are armed also......he said that if he(the cop) were to pull out his gun and point it at someone im that place to get them to stop what they were doing, one of there "homies" might be armed and might feel the need to protect there group and open fire at the cop.

Last edited by a moderator:

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Sad fact. I live here. Ive seen this crap for years. Ive had bikes stolen. Its a market. Probably easier to pick up a hot bike in Baltimore than a hot gun.

98 percent of these bikes are STOLEN. None of these turkeys would show up for a "legal" riding spot even IF they made one, which I think they will NOT.

BUT, you know at HQ downtown they have a basement FULL of these bikes, and I heard last year that they ship some of them out of country for missionaries....so somewhere the old preacher man is doing one handed wheelies through the bush on your old race bike.

nsxxtreme

Apr 18, 2006
I'll agree these guys are idiots. No helmets and just total disrespect.

But I would like to also point out that in the beginning it mentioned how the city wasn't interested in finding a place for these people to ride. A lack of public places to ride could be a large part of the problem.

mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
When they do get hurt I'll bet 9 out 10 don't have insurance and guess who pays the hospital bills.
We can only hope "thinning the herd" theory plays out.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup, that's some funny stuff right there. :bang:

smoke9

BikeGraphix
~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2004
Ok.. I've got an idea. We can use the tried and true political spin strategy of using the worst of society to profit on a bad situation.....

We get the AMA and the ACLU together and make a case that the "poor, disenfranshised inner city kids" don't have a place to ride and need government funding (our tax dollars) for a national riding area program. :) :) :)

kdx633

Aug 12, 2003
one if them is guaranteed to get killed by a legitimate motorist who then get sued by some opportunistic lawyer that will make the family of the deceased very rich.the insurance carrier will then then force a dirtbike clause into auto insurance increasing premiums.Some idiot in congress from the district the dead dope came from will introduce legislation against the dirt bike,lefty liberals from each coast will all jump on board in support then the fight to ride takes a turn for the worst.sound far fetched? look at what has happened to firearm owners and substitute dirt bike

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
Oh, GREAT! Like we don't already have enough pressure on riding areas and (real) dirtbikers. These fools just want attention. A few :whoa: gots some wheelie skills though.

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
The only thing I can get outta this report is: If you want an MX Park built in your city, get all your friends to ride their bikes on the streets.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Wow.
I'm still lifting my jaw off of the floor.
Unbelievable stupidity.
Lack of respect for the law & society.
Unbelievable stupidity. (did i say that already??)

You'd think if they could steal the bikes, they could steal a helmet or 2?
I see a few around here though. quads, & dirtbikers ON THE AZTEC TRACK no less -w- no helmets no gear.......

Unbelievable stupidity............ :yikes:

wow.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Hmmm...
gives me an idea...

Ive got no place close to ride, but the city line is literally 1000 feet away from my house. So, all I need to do is push one of my bikes across, hop on and go! Police can't chase me, and Ill even promise to wear a helmet, ok?
Theres a nice public golf course a few miles away with some rolling hills. 'course if Im all aone out on the course, the local law enforement might actually be tempted to try and pick me off, guess it would be safer to stick to the streets around all those innocent motorists!
:)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
_JOE_ said:
Aparently this newscaster didn't see the clip of the little kid on the cr 250 riding down the street. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlhKA5twuyc
After listening to that dry idiot, with his statements of "interrogation" and "serious crime", I have to ask how he would feel if a 7 year old were riding a dirtbike down the sidewalk in his neighborhood. What if the kid were to run into his car? Or over his kid? He mentioned that the kid was scared: good, if more kids are scared to break the law, then maybe they will realize that the laws should be obeyed. I also must note that simply asking questions is construed as interrogation by those that want to bring controversy. I also interpreted the story as the kid was detained (not arrested) and release to his parents, who will probably try to sue the cops with the exaggerations and twisted truths, thus showing the little boy that he has no reason to respect authority figures. :bang: :bang: :bang:

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
OldTimer said:
Know what I'm sane?

Word up, Dog! :laugh:

snoop droopy dog aka Ken

Top Bottom