XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
My dad offered to sell me both his 1985 Honda ATC350X and his 1986 Honda XR80R for $1000. He bought the three-wheeler about a year ago for $1500 and bought the dirt bike a little after that for $800. Both are in great shape cosmetically and both run great. He is just strapped for money right now after being layed off at work.

So, after Kelley Blue Booking the two machines, they have a retail value of a combined $1740 and a trade-in value of a combined $1035. The thing is, neither is retail obviously, but trade-in value isn't accurate because the dealers won't give you exactly what your bike is worth because of profit, reconditioning, etc. So, I'm guessing their value is somewhere in the middle and that this is a good deal, eh?

My dad says they both have a higher re-sale value than what he is giving me, but I have no idea if this is right.

What do you think?

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
snobdrbutch said:
he's your dad help the guy out and hook him up even if they are not worth it.
I've been saving my money for a car for when I get my license. I've got just around a grand saved and if I buy his 350X and XR, I'll have no money for a car. And if I don't buy them, he'll sell them elsewhere. He's just asking me first because he knows I like his 350X and his little playbike.

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
mx547 said:
the 350 will easily sell for that on the auction site.
E-bay has them on there left and right and they go for anywhere from $1300 to $2000. Some over that even. I think its a good investment.

jason33 said:
well the 350x is prolly worth 16 if in that good of shape
dad make in ya pay?? lol
Yeah its in good shape and was taken care of by the few people that have owned it.

And yeah, my parents make me buy all my stuff. It sucks.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Buy a car or, help my family?

Help my family hands down. It would be worst to have a car and have to live in it than have a place to live with family. Been there, done that, no fun!

I'm just an old coot
Good luck, remember, hard times don't last forever.
Dale

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
dales298 said:
Buy a car or, help my family?

Help my family hands down. It would be worst to have a car and have to live in it than have a place to live with family. Been there, done that, no fun!

I'm just an old coot
Good luck, remember, hard times don't last forever.
Dale
Its not that type of situation exactly. My dad got layed off at work but its for a short period (maybe 2 weeks) and plus his girlfriend works. He's just wanting to get rid of his 350 and his dirt bike because he doesn't ride them anymore. This just seems like a good time to do it, when he'll be off work.

Top Bottom