BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Put down your Pepsi/adult beverage. Buckle-up at your PC and prepare yourself. I am getting ready to have a great big piece of "Humble Pie" (coming from a Sooner this is very, VERY difficult).

The Mad Scramble has ended. I pulled the tank, the plastic, the seat, carb, radiators, cylinder, piston, brake pedal, swing arm bolt, and removed all but ONE motor mount blot. To get the last motor mount bolt I needed to pull the flywheel cover. As I loosened the screw, I got this very sick feeling.

A month or so ago, I installed a Stealthy flywheel weight. Upon removing the other four screws, you guessed it, the flywheel was flopping around like a fish out of water. The nut had backed off and was dragging on the cover. The slack had caused the drift key to shear. A $2.00 fix! Now I'm off to get gaskets, radiator fluid, circlips, rings, and an industrial size tube of LOCK TIGHT .

Is Humble Pie best eaten warm or cold. I putting on my bib now.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Boy did you luck out. I'd eat Humble Pie everyday if it saves me $500. It looks like you still have the lucky touch after all. Watchout Dirtweek Raffles, Bswift is back! :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That's what you get for putting a dang flywheel weight on that awesome motor! A CRIME~!

Good news! How come that never happens to me? If I think there is a small problem, it always turns-out to be the worst possible problem. :(

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Umm okie ..
have i told you yet how i had to take your front rim apart? :eek:

ok i wont share that info with the class.....lol
for fear of being banned for life...
:)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The Mamba was saying: "Get this thing out of me!"

:)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
F/S 7oz flywheel weight.

Slightly used. Not suitable for high performance engines. The taming effect will cause a engine fart that will leave you realing. Recommend this part to someone you don't like.:p

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Good, Great, Grand!

Bswift,
Glade to hear the Mamba will be makin the trip with you to IL! :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Completion

The Mamba is a fire breathing, roost throwing, arm stretching beast once again. The resurrection is complete. Let the packing begin.:)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Good. The GG was worried it wasn't going to get to roost the Mamba in the woods.:p

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Awesome Brian :)

Top Bottom