Third Annual “Sick of winter” 06 Spring kick off ride! 4/8 or 4/9?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
You got that right there Craze - shhhhhhhhh - what he dont know wont hurt him.. Ahhhhh - what the heck - I think I will tell him all about it to pay him back for ALL the times he teased your dad and I about being down in Sunny Florida while we were FREEZING!!! He who laughs last.........

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002

shadow171

May 27, 2005
Just wanted to ask a couple of ?s. Is my stock 2 gallon tank going to be sufficient? I also am runing one tooth up in front on a 97 CR 250, what are your recommendations for horseshoe, sould I leve it or drop it back down to 13 teeth? Thanks

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Your tank will be fine shadow. The gearing is a little high but I wouldn't worry about it. Aint worth changing gearing just for a trail ride.

shadow171

May 27, 2005
Thanks YZMAN, I went out and played around on it today and already changed it back to the 13 tooth. I'm going to use my gps this weekend to find out how many miles I can go on a tank. My goal in life is to not be that guy. You know what I'm talking about, that guy that ran out of gas 10 miles from noware, that guy that was showing off and slammed into the tree, or that guy that dropped his bike getting it off the truck. You all have stories that start "remember that guy" :bang:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ahhh so your that guy... I have heard of you.....lol

You should be able to get at least 50 miles outta that tank I would think depending on how hard you wring that puppy out. I have never had a bike that got less than 50 miles outta a tank and for Michigan trails that is usualy enough. I usualy run outta gas before my bike does. I tend to hit the wall at around the 35-40 mile mark....lol

Where you riding this weekend?? I dont have any riding plans as of yet. Hmmm Of course Red Bud has an open ride this weekend and that place is ohhh so much fun.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
shadow171 said:
Just wanted to ask a couple of ?s. Is my stock 2 gallon tank going to be sufficient? I also am runing one tooth up in front on a 97 CR 250, what are your recommendations for horseshoe, sould I leve it or drop it back down to 13 teeth? Thanks

I get about 45 miles on my stock 2001cr250 tank. Added the IMS last year just to be safe.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
You should be able to get at least 50 miles outta that tank I would think depending on how hard you wring that puppy out. I have never had a bike that got less than 50 miles outta a tank

Sorry to disagree YZMAN but I wouldn't trust any 250cc MX bike w/ stock tank to make it much past 35 miles and that's when it's easy going and you are in the tall gears most of the time. I have made it 35 miles with the stock tank on the YZ but it was fairly open and still I was nervous towards the end. It was very near empty when I filled it.

My 125SX was better on gas with the stock tank, but then 125's ARE better on gas.

My advice is not to try for 50 miles on your stock CR unless you have friends along who will give you a lift or you like to push the bike.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well I am out for this ride. I was just informed that I WILL be attending a weddin on the 8th. Crap.

But I did catch a break though. Next weekend April 1st (april fools day) the wify will be heading off to the batchlorette party. What a bargin. Shes going out with the girls and Ill head to the trails with Digger. What a way to spend ones aniversery. Almost as good as the year I talked her into heading down to Red Bud with me for an open ride. That was a gread aniversery. Fine day of riding that was.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Ahhh so your that guy... I have heard of you.....lol

You should be able to get at least 50 miles outta that tank I would think depending on how hard you wring that puppy out. I have never had a bike that got less than 50 miles outta a tank and for Michigan trails that is usualy enough. I usualy run outta gas before my bike does. I tend to hit the wall at around the 35-40 mile mark....lol

Where you riding this weekend?? I dont have any riding plans as of yet. Hmmm Of course Red Bud has an open ride this weekend and that place is ohhh so much fun.

HEY!!!

I thought I was "That Guy". ;)

except on the gas thing. last year that would be Jim. :rotfl:

shadow171

May 27, 2005
Wolf Child, you may be the guy, because I try not to be. Doesn't always work though. :bang: And YZMAN, I feel your pain, pray for an open bar. :nod: Thanks all for the info on milage. I'm just riding some old gravel pits in the area of martin and plainwell, nothing that fun. We're trying to get my brother inlaws 98 CR500 running good enough to go on the 8th. He beats the crap out of it and doesn't take care of it, AT ALL. No rear plastics, KX250 subframe and silencer held on with 2 bolts, hose clamps and zip ties. Never changes oil, you know "that guy" :|

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
YZMAN400 said:
Well I am out for this ride. I was just informed that I WILL be attending a weddin on the 8th. Crap.

But I did catch a break though. Next weekend April 1st (april fools day) the wify will be heading off to the batchlorette party. What a bargin. Shes going out with the girls and Ill head to the trails with Digger. What a way to spend ones aniversery. Almost as good as the year I talked her into heading down to Red Bud with me for an open ride. That was a gread aniversery. Fine day of riding that was.

That sucks big time! I was hoping you'd be there! Woodsy better not bail this year also? I would really like to have somebody there that really knows the trail system and maybe give us something special? :nener:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
We need to have a head count for this ride so I know how many brats & dogs to bring?
My brother and I will be attending this year. (2 riders)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Woodsy, Larry P. and Crash and Pete.. Well, Woodsy for sure and maybe on the other guys. Heyyyyyy,, if they dont show up can I eat their Brats???????? :rotfl:
Oh yeaaaaaaa,,,,, I got something SPECIAL for all you who show up..... A small hint, BRING A COMPASS and maybe a little xtra gas cause I AM THAT GUY!!! BAHAHAHAHHAHAH
Anyway, add four here..
CRASH - if your reading this and you cant make it PLEASE speak up!!!
Woodsy

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Wolf Child said:
im still on the fence....

YANK - WHAM.... Now your on our side - see ya at the SOW ride!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
One here on the dogs side Pat. That other barking your hear, is nothing but that.

YT2

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
One here on the dogs side Pat. That other barking your hear, is nothing but that.

YT2

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - BOW WOW WOWOOWOWOWOW - ouch,, I bit my own tonge - dog gone you Timer......
Heyyyy,, speaking about cutting the hounds loose,, a Hare n Hound would be a BLAST for this.. Maybe some day after we have ran a few SOWs at Horse Shoe we will do it for kicks.. What do ya think Pat? YT? YT2? Anybody???

Sounds like I better get to bakin some buns hahahahaaaa

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom