Third Annual “Sick of winter” 06 Spring kick off ride! 4/8 or 4/9?

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
woodsy said:
YANK - WHAM.... Now your on our side - see ya at the SOW ride!

well seeing as woodsy has spoken. :boss:

I'm gonna be riding this...
IMG_3624.jpg

that is IF i get all the rest of the parts by then. :yikes:

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
I'm confused----------not unusual

Are your riding the jet ski or the bicycle air pump?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
woodsracer369 said:
I'm confused----------not unusual

Are your riding the jet ski or the bicycle air pump?

Follow me on this Woodsracer, I promise it will solve the confusion... I think it obvious that he is talking about the Jet ski - I mean, have you ever seen anyone ride a tire pump and actually go anywhere.... :nod: Hopeuflly he wasnt refering to dragging that bike frame thru the woods... That would be a LOT of work and he would probably eat all the brats when he got done :think:

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Tevor, I'm with Woodsy on this one, he is not usually right and he most often gets lost but I think the only thing in that picture that can be ridden is the jet ski. :p

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
70 marlin said:
We need to have a head count for this ride so I know how many brats & dogs to bring?
My brother and I will be attending this year. (2 riders)
:cool: I'm planning on it. How do I get to the parking lot??

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
:rotfl: you guys are funny. the jet ski is upside down with the motor out. But I HAVE been on some water logged trails where I think I would have been better off with a jet ski.

Here is todays progress... note the special "CLEAR" tank ;)

Picture091.jpg

can any of you see what's different about this DRZ "S" model. :laugh:

1TRAK

Mar 19, 2005
Hello, my name is Steve and I saw your post 4 a ride at horseshoe lake 4/8 . Is this an invitational ride or open 2 anyone? I could bring beverages, chips, whatever. Need 2 get the DX out 4 some tree trimming! LOOK AHEAD AND STAY CENTERED. 1TRAK

shadow171

May 27, 2005
1TRAK, it's invitation only, sorry.

Just kidding. :nener: It's my first time with these guys, and they're welcoming everyone. Just an idea, maybe someone should make a list of what people are bringing so we don't end up with a truckload of pop and nothing else?

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
We need to have a head count for this ride so I know how many brats & dogs to bring?
My brother and I will be attending this year. (2 riders)

I'll be there.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
can any of you see what's different about this DRZ "S" model.

Sans wheels, no grips, special bucket skid plate?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I am on the fence on this...would be a great way to kick things off - just gotta figure out how to cram it all in!

SO , how long of a loop is this? And I gotta figure out drive time etc. What time are you meeting up in the AM? Likely wrap it up time? - a long day ride followed by eats, or is it a shorter ride?

right now , I would say I am about 60% in... gotta do some negotiating with the boss lady...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Wolf Child said:
can any of you see what's different about this DRZ "S" model. :laugh:

ohhhh ohhh choose me - chooose me - CHOOSE ME!! I know the answer!!! The DRZ "S" model has a steal tank and that one has a "Stole" tank.. Get it, ey ey, get it.. Steal & stole.. like to steal something or something is Stoled.. arrrgggg - never mind - you guys would never get it anyway.. take that back, YT2 would cause he makes nails out of Steel to toss in front of me and trys to Steal my jokes..

1TRAK said:
Hello, my name is Steve and I saw your post 4 a ride at horseshoe lake 4/8 . Is this an invitational ride or open 2 anyone? I could bring beverages, chips, whatever. Need 2 get the DX out 4 some tree trimming! LOOK AHEAD AND STAY CENTERED. 1TRAK

Hey Steve, Hello - my name is mud ---- I mean Woodsy.. YOU ARE INVITED!!!!! THIS IS AN OPEN RIDE!! Word has it that cha might wanna tell your family and friends that you may be gone a couple days though.... Especially if that Counselor from Camp Chaos shows up.. He is REAL long winded and likes to lecture about what to do if you get lost,,,,, As far as food goes.... Just a second I will get out my shopping list for the next three weeks.. 4 dozen eggs, gallon milk, two bricks a cheese, 2 loaves of bread, four bags a chips, 10 pounds a Sirloin...... Nahhhh, really,, if you wanna grab couple bags of chips or maybe a couple packs a cookies or just bake a banana cream pie (YUM) that would be great!! Actually, you are welcome with nothing but the clothes on your back and the boots on your feet!!! Gotta have those though cause streakin went out back in the ol days..

team-green32 said:
I'll be there.
YOU BETTER BE - I'mmmmmm a gunnin for ya Rascal!!!!!!
Be good to see you guys again Aaron!! I hear tell that you are gonna be the Host Writer for the trail report.. TRUE??

KTM Mike said:
I am on the fence on this...would be a great way to kick things off - just gotta figure out how to cram it all in!

SO , how long of a loop is this? And I gotta figure out drive time etc. What time are you meeting up in the AM? Likely wrap it up time? - a long day ride followed by eats, or is it a shorter ride?

right now , I would say I am about 60% in... gotta do some negotiating with the boss lady...

ANOTHER YANK- WHAM - BOOM - TUMBLE and another rider is on our side of the fence!!! Yeppers Mike, consider yourself in!!! Gotta have someone there to help people learn "burnt squirreling" cause I will be useless - I know the area like the back of my hand :laugh:
CONCERNING DRIVE DISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!!!!
I will take it upon myself to stop up in that area and get an acutal address and post it here! THen anyone that needs directions can do a mapquest and get PERFECT directions to the trailhead!! Mike, I think you are looking at 3 1/2 or 4 hours drive. I am 1 hour and 45 minutes from Cadillac - how far are you from there?? That (75 to 55 to 131 to 82 to Fremont is gonna be your best way!! We will see what Mapquest says...
I think 10 - 10:30 on the time.. Unless Pat has already spoken up on it... If your reading this Mar what do ya say?? 1 day - 2 day - 3 day ride??? :laugh:
The Loop is however long we make it.. Once your in my neck of the woods its becomes totally irrelevant (loop length)... I say that because, if I am leading, we may take one loop - three different directions and still end up in the wrong place at the right time to meet the good people at a bad scene following a lost dog in a bent river..... Tank size is also pretty irrelevant cause the area loops go around the parking area and we are always a short throw from gas!!! Come on Mike - grab that 2BIG friend of ours, those kids of yours and COME ON DOWN!!!!!! It WILL be a hoot!!!
One other thing though,,,,, I think I left some uncooked fish in your garage under your tool box last fall.. Could you bring those to me if your coming this way :aj:
Wrap up time?? Whats at?? Do you mean what time you can leave?? Anytime I guess... why, you "Sick Of Woodsy" already????
Hope to C ya SOON!!
Woodsy........Just Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hows 10am Key time for the ride fellow S.O.W riders? Whats the deal is there a big Enduro or something. no word from Team PTP? or the TC crowd?

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
Hey, im in... Then again i said that a while back... Can't wait to see everyone, i guess.. ha ha.. Mike you should come it will be a blast.. oh yeah, and i believe Larry P. and one of his buddies might tag along.. :laugh:

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I will be out of town that weekend or I would join you.
TCT may join you but he is out of town this week.
Don

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
woodsy said:
ohhhh ohhh choose me - chooose me - CHOOSE ME!! I know the answer!!! The DRZ "S" model has a steal tank and that one has a "Stole" tank.. Get it, ey ey, get it.. Steal & stole.. like to steal something or something is Stoled.. arrrgggg - never mind - you guys would never get it anyway.. take that back, YT2 would cause he makes nails out of Steel to toss in front of me and trys to Steal my jokes..

NOOOOOO........... here's a hint.

Before.
IMG_3187.jpg

After
Picture091.jpg

look in the front and rear boinger dept. and thats just for starters. :laugh:

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
70 marlin said:
Hows 10am Key time for the ride fellow S.O.W riders? Whats the deal is there a big Enduro or something. no word from Team PTP? or the TC crowd?

Ok, 10:00 AM. Where is the parking lot for this trail????
Looks like this tread got hijacked by a Suzuki... :bang:

:ohmy:

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
Woodsy said:
YOU BETTER BE - I'mmmmmm a gunnin for ya Rascal!!!!!!
Be good to see you guys again Aaron!! I hear tell that you are gonna be the Host Writer for the trail report.. TRUE??

Yep, I sure will be writing a tad about the ride, or for your case... "attempt to stay alive" ride.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Just a little clarification. Those buns that are going to be baked, will be the ones of a certain soul that better not get lost on the way to Horseshoe Lake come 4/8.
Those that feel you can't get anywhere on a tire pump, aren't aware of an air spring pogo stick.
Woodsy - I can go farther on a tank of gas than you can, so getting lost and extra gas are meaningless. Bring on the burnt squirrel and a repeat of last year.

Young Ted

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
you tell em Teddy.. That woodsy doesnt' know what he's talkin about.. bring it wooddss... :nener: I will be there early maybe around 8:30 or 9:00 Ted, i say this because you usually show up early.. This way you won't be so lonely :( ha ha And my old man Larry P. is usually always late so i might head out with out him and he can come later... don't know :think:

1TRAK

Mar 19, 2005
Thanks 4 the invite Woodsy , looking forward 2 riding with some new people.I`ll bring chips, cookies and some pop but we` ll have 2 deal with the food list issue some other time! CYA . RIDE IT LIKE YA WON IT !!! 1TRAK

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
1TRAK said:
Thanks 4 the invite Woodsy , looking forward 2 riding with some new people.I`ll bring chips, cookies and some pop but we` ll have 2 deal with the food list issue some other time! CYA . RIDE IT LIKE YA WON IT !!! 1TRAK
Hey 1trak - Your welcome, we will and I DO!!!!!
INCA - you just stay away from my buns you Father Nelson you!~!!! Make sure you follow the right group this time and you WILL have a riot!!!!!!
Crazzzzz....... I'mmmmm bringing it hot shot!! Brand new nobs and alllllllllll ;) Brrrrraaaaaappppppppperrrrrrrr to ya there buddy boy :aj:
Woodsy :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
70 marlin said:

It's work weekend for the kids enduro or a rain date for the April 2nd Byron enduro.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom