Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Maybe it's a certain mood, maybe it's a couple shots of your favorite beverage, who knows... but you hear a song that hits ya hard. Yeah, that happened daily when you were a teenager, just about every song was written for you and the situation you were in. Then you get older, stuff changes. There's more to music than the top 40, love songs, etc.

I really don't know what's going on "today" with music, I rarely listen to the radio; I've got my hundreds of CD's... so I'm always a little behind "what's new".

I got a new CD a few months ago, that Scooter immediatlely took to her office. Just got it back today, was listening, flipping thru tracks. "Commercial" stuff and a country twist.. yeah I like Rock, Country, all of it. Big & Rich. Yeah, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" w
as popular. But there are some really good tracks deeper into the CD. Unique sound... rare these days it seems.

Then this song... "Live This Life".. last on the CD comes up.
Freakin FLOORED me. It's one of "those" songs for me.

Makes me think of several people I've been touched by. Two are, or were DRN'ers, but I really don't want to say more about that. It makes me think of my 17 year old sister in law that passed, my wife's best friend that passed...

So I bought the song and am posting it.. yeah, it's against the law I guess, lol... but who knows, maybe it'll hit someone here like it did me.

Removed MP3. Sorry.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I know what ya mean. I bought that CD some time ago and the 1st time I heard that song (and several times there after) that song choked me up. Very powerful stuff there.

The sad part is that most folks will only know Big N Rich for "Save a Horse..."

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Okie, we enjoy the same music!

My 10 year-old son took my copy of the CD for a while, and I got it back a few months ago. That is a good CD, and Live This Life" is a very powerful song.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Funny Okie, I pictured you a big band kinda guy...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Like Chili, no worky.

And there are songs out there that elicit feelings from me. My daughter sings along to classic rock (Who Are You? by the Who, "Swing in the Ocean" [Sweet Emotion] -- Aerosmith) and my boy would only go to bed if we played Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits.

for me, for some reason, every time I hear Luckenbach Texas (back to the basics of love) I get a little misty.

B

biglou

I had same issues. Downloading now, seems like it will work. Before it was a .wmv file (I clicked edit to try to get at the source... bad Lou) ;)

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
LOL I downloaded from the direct link and it's the same thing. Page was refreshed as well. The MP3 must be protected, it says you can install it in up to 4 other pc's.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Who's using IE that's having problems?
IE on XP?

Try this:
Click Start
Then: Set Program Access and Defaults"
Click the down arrows by "Custom"
There you can choose what player to use for media files.

If Music Match is checked, pic something else that you have; Windows Media Player for example.

Restart IE.

B

biglou

Did you use WMP to rip it? I think there's a checkbox to eliminate the protection,but I could be wrong. I use "CDeX" free program for ripping.

Top Bottom