Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
_
I got this in an email. Can't take credit for writing something this good! I thought you guys might like to read it.

SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT!
Hip Hip Hooray!! Finally, someone has said what I think has been on every
American's mind!!!!! This is an editorial written by an American citizen,
published in a local newspaper.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!" I am tired of this nation
worrying
about whether we are offending some individual or their culture, here in
the
USA. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge
in
patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks
had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining
about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not
against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a
better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely
comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things
that
those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here,
need to understand.

This idea of America, being a multi -cultural community, has served only to
dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our
own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This
culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and
victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any
other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn
the language! ENGLISH. "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not
some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because
Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation, and
this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on
the
walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider
another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will
be part of our culture.

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are
happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't
care how you did things where you came from. Remember, "Delta is ready when
you are and they can have you there by nightfall".

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives
every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every
opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and
griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life,
I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American
freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I'll be the first to offer that person a cold one of their choice! ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Steve that is entierly possiable unless they would like something from "Down Under".... :) :) :)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Where's the little flag-waving icon when you need it?! :cool:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Thanks guys/gals. I thought you'd like it. I wish I could say it louder. It has been exactly my feelings all along from even before 911.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Bill O'Rielly on the "Factor" about two months ago. Very well stated.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
BSWIFT,
Thanks for the answer to everyones question...."Who wrote this?" I for one will be tuning in from now on to O'Rielley.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
To self: "Must.... Not... Reply... Must.... Remove.... Fingers... from... Keyboard! Baseball, Baseball, happy place, happy place. Serenity now, serenity now!" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, better now. :moon:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hey Milque, I'll let you dance around the Festivus pole after the Airing of the Grievances . . . :D

KTA

Jul 14, 2000
"This is our country, our land, our lifestyle" . . . . . .the only way we got this land, had the ability to choose our lifestyle, and make it our country... was by slaughtering all the natives.. . . .. although i do agree with most of what was said in the original message

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
KTA,
Thanks for reminding most people that we (immigrants) did invade this country and infect it with many diseases(sp) and alcohol. According to my family history I have some Algonquin in me so I can relate. I am happy to say that I am a "native" but disgusted with the way things are going regarding the ACLU. HELLO!!!! Are not Native Americans supported under the "Minority" Statuate(sp)?????

Just a question I wanted to put out there.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
Are not Native Americans supported under the "Minority" Statuate(sp)?????

if you're native american and feel you've been mistreated, just come to oklahoma. they get just about anything they want here.

motoman38

May 9, 2000
amen to that little post. now it needs to be put on the front page of every newspaper in america. :think: how should we do that

BCR-Bob

Sponsoring Member
Mar 8, 2001
If I was born in this country, am I not a "native"? I think that the "melting pot" idea that many people describe our country as is over. Yes, when people came to the USA generations ago it was a melting pot, but all things change with time. As far as I'm concerned, I am a native American, and damn proud of it.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by mx547

if you're native american and feel you've been mistreated, just come to oklahoma. they get just about anything they want here.

Sorry MX I am not biting at that one.
I attend school under the money I earned as a member of the Army. I may be able to trace my blood back a few years but I don't claim any affiliation. I don't feel that I have been mistreated but I will tell you this, there have been many area's in the US that Native Americans have been mistreated. If you think you are getting the short end of the stick, think of those who got it in the late 1700's through the tail end of the 1800's.

Miltonyz

Sponsoring Member
Apr 12, 2001
I'm sure that the Indians were mistreated during the 1700 and 1800 hundreds. However I read a book where the author once said in every civilization in history the stronger society has defeated the weaker one. I agree with this statement one hundred percent. The Romans saw land they wanted they grabbed it. The difference being is that now we are "civilized" and such things have fallen out of fashion somewhat. If you think about it there was a peaceful group of Indians that had farms in the western United States. I can't remember there exact name but they dwelled in cliffs. They were driven out by warrior bands. The difference being the warrior bands did not have civil rights groups complaining about the atrocities commited against the farming Indians. I doubt that their is a single person who has not had ansectors forcibly removed from lands that they owned. I'm of a religon whose followers were not treated well by the Catholic Church. I however can see that this was in the past and don't whine about it.
I detest the belief that they should be called Native Americans. As if they are more Native then me or anybody else. They just happened to get here a touch sooner. I beleive that they are Americans plain and simple, and should be treated as such.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU

, there have been many area's in the US that Native Americans have been mistreated. If you think you are getting the short end of the stick, think of those who got it in the late 1700's through the tail end of the 1800's.

Not as much as everyone thinks. They have been repayed a thousand time over for whatever wrongs might have been done to them. My wife is of native american decent (obviously my kids are too) Like MX547 said if you really think that indians have it bad, coem to Oklahoma.

Every subculture/race/minority group has had its time in history that it was dealt a short stick. They all have thier stories. I for one am of English decent, talk about getting screwed my ancestors used to own this entire country. ;) :p :confused:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I agree that every race has had their time in the sun. History might well say the same about us as Americans at some point in the future, if they can just write the truth, and not revise it to fit the current view of the atrocities in the past.

I have a great-grandmother that was an Indian halfbreed that appears to have had a negro father. What in the world does that make this WASP? :scream: What I consider myself is proud American.

I will by a one way ticket for every family member of any family that wants to leave. All they have to do is not come back.

If you are into reading, Thomas Sowell has a wonderful group (3) of books that provide a very interesting and intelligent discussion regarding the role that race has played on the world stage.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Immigration without political and cultural assimilation inevitably results in conflagration between competing values. As arrogantly emboldened students in major universities are spouting re-interpreted history and values to their teachers, a major part of immigrants, driven by economic need and political turmoil at home, but also by subtle envy of the American experiment, are using and abusing the country's freedoms in order to destroy the system from within (The "Reconquista" is the expressed overt aim of the Aztlan society (www.aztlan.org )). While the same is happening to prosperous "united" Europe, they themselves preach an anti-americanism rooted in envy. Even so-called friends in Europe proclaim their dislike of the American self-centered, macho mindset, simply because we are the only super-power and have, occasionally, acted at will and in our interest.
The open-door has been open too wide and too long. No we are NOT obligated to take in all the "huddled masses". We have the sovereign right not to accomodate unwelcome, disrespectful and unruly guests, and pick and choose among them.
There are still those romanticists who lament the passing of the great native American (Indian) cultures; the 'Noble Savage' as described in the literature of the Romatic Age (JJ Rousseau)... has been displaced and absorbed simply because time and progress have always done that to "great" civilizations in their sunset age, and will continue to do so. What is World History if not a succession of invasions, geopolitical re-arrangements and cultural assimilations?
I fear not that certain immigrant societies will annihilate the American experiment, but that they may weaken and confuse the American character and make it vulnerable to new apsiring super powers.
My suspicion and hope lie in a balancing of immigrant societies that will synthesize with the American experiment to generate a new and stronger America..... but our leaders must be driven to act in concert with the ideals of this nation, not pandering for votes from hastily sworn-in Americans, many of whom do so with dual loyalty and passports, or do so as a commitment of economic convenience. Past civilizations end up in museums; there has never been an 'endangered species' program for civilizations.... although some are trying to save the 'noble savage'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom