IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by richkx250
Well SLO MO and SENIOR KX, I may only be 28 but I would like to be added to the heterosexual white male, Christian ignorant hypocrite. And I wuld like to point out that I do not dispise the sinner I dispise the sinful act they choose to follow. Since you are a Christian you know that the Bible says that GOD HATES SIN. And if what you believe is tolerance means putting up with sin then therefore that means that you are tolerating sin, and that is a sin in itself. And by definition a hypocrite is someone who acts one way yet speaks another. I believe that I have said nothing to differ from my actions, and since Nephron you don't know me it would be hard for you to JUDGE my ways. Didn't you mention something about judging people.
I am sooooo glad that I am catholic. I don't deal with any of this, I just go to confession! :)

30 y/o heterosexual male. I may be bigoted, redneck and ignorant but life looks good to me! :)

BTW, I still feel the same towards my earlier post. :thumb:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
OK, since so many of us here are admitted rednecks, I thought I would offer up the original post in "redneckeze" sos we can all unnerstan it gud!  :)

An Edito'ial Allright read, injoy, hate eff'n yo' will, ah reckon. But ah feel it raises a point thet c'dn't be mo'e true. Af'er hearin' thet th' state of Flo'ida changed its opinion an' let a Muslim woomin haf her pitcher on her drivah's license wif her face covahed, ah believe this hyar is even mo'e appropriate. Read on, please! This hyar is an edito'ial writ by an South Car'linan citizen, published in a Tampa noospaper. He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS an' CANADIANS, MUST ADAPT. ah's tired of this hyar nashun wo'ryin' about whether we is offendin' some indivijool o' their culture. On account o' th' terro'ist attacks on Sepp. 11, we haf experienced a surge in patriotism by th' majo'ity of South Car'linans an' Kinadians. Howevah, th' dest fum th' attacks had barely settled when th' "politically co'reck" crowd began complainin' about th' postibility thet our patriotism was offendin' others. ah's not aginst immigrashun, no' does ah hold a grudge aginst ennyone who is seekin' a better life by a-comin' t'South Car'lina. Our populashun is almost intirely composed of dexcendants of immigrants. Howevah, thar is a few thin's thet them who haf recently come t'our country, an' apparently some born an' raised hyar, need t'unnerstan'. This hyar idea of South Car'lina an' Kinada bein' a multicultural nashunal identity. As South Car'linans an' Kinadians, we haf our own culture, our own society, our own language an' our community has sarved only t'dilute our sovaheignty an' our own lifestyle. This hyar culture has been developed on over centuries of struggles, trials, an' vicko'ies by millions of min an' wimmen who haf sought freedom, dawgone it. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, o' enny other language. Tharfo'e, eff'n yo' wish t'become part of our society, larn th' language! "In God We Trest" is our nashunal motto. This hyar is not some Jedtian, right win', political slogan, as enny fool kin plainly see. We adopped this hyar motto on account o' Jedtian min an' wimmen, on Jedtian principles, foun'ed this hyar nashun, an' this hyar is clearly docoomnted, cuss it all t' tarnation. It is sartinly appropriate t'display it on th' walls of our skoos. Eff'n God offends yo', then ah suggess yo' cornsider t'other part of th' wo'ld as yer noo home, on account o' God is part of our culture. Eff'n Stars Stripes an' Maple Leaf's offend yo', o' yo' doesn't like Uncle Sam, then yo' sh'd seriously cornsider a move t't'other part of this hyar planet. We is happy wif our culture an' haf no desuhe t'change, an' we pow'ful doesn't care how yo' did thin's whar yo' came fum. These is OUR COUNTRIES, our lan', an' our lifestyle. Our Fust Amendment gives ev'ry citizen th' right t'express his o' her opinion an' we will aller yo' ev'ry oppo'tunity t'do so. But once yer done complainin', whinin', an' gripin' about our flags, our pledge, our nashunal motto, o' our way of life, ah highly incourage yo' t'take advantage of one other great South Car'linan an' Kinadian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

For anyone who needs to have documents translated so you can understand them: http://rinkworks.com/dialect/   :)

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
All you need is the voice of Jeff Foxworthy and you'd be good to go, Jaybird. :thumb: :laugh:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Dianne, Y'all obviously ain't heard me talk yet!
:)

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
<CENTER>If you got stopped by a state trooper and he asked you if you had an I.D.
And you said, 'Bout What?' </CENTER>
<CENTER>You might be a redneck!</CENTER>

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
CRDR - you can't be a redneck - thar no sun up thar in Canadia !! :)

BTW, to put a twist in the tale, in South Africa all English speaking people were known as Rednecks (rooineks) - named after the British soldiers who turned bright red in the sun - The Afrikaners hated the rednecks and this was an extremely derogatory term - nothing to do with ignorant or bigoted - just being bloody English was qualification enough.

Therefore, y'all are a bunch of bloody Redneks - gottit it - Ja-Nee !! :flame: :confused:

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Jaybird
Dianne,&nbsp;Y'all obviously ain't heard me talk yet!
:)

Diane,

Belive me, He is about as red as you can get! :)

However, I get even more red!

Originally posted by BunduBasher
CRDR - you can't be a redneck - thar no sun up thar in Canadia !!

BTW, to put a twist in the tale, in South Africa all English speaking people were known as Rednecks (rooineks) - named after the British soldiers who turned bright red in the sun - The Afrikaners hated the rednecks and this was an extremely derogatory term - nothing to do with ignorant or bigoted - just being bloody English was qualification enough.

Therefore, y'all are a bunch of bloody Redneks - gottit it - Ja-Nee !!

BB,

You haven't got any idea!

I am now 100% RED NECK. I have been assimilated into the REDNECK Nation. I am now a redneck, and will be one untill the end of time because if you become one you will forever be one. :)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
&nbsp;

Jaybird, here's some more:

Redneck, from 1830, refers to Presbyterians (ironic&nbsp;how "presby" means literally&nbsp;near-sighted eg. presbyopia )&nbsp;of Fayetteville. Although its meaning there is not fully known, it may be in reference to "ruddiness of the neck with anger" or, as you said, "sunburned necks caused by working in the field all day". It also referenced a group of striking coal miners who wore red bandanas for self-identification.

Also, Afrikaans 'Rooinek' (Bundu?), literally meaning redneck--was a deprecating term applied by Boers to the emigrating (irony here?) British, and later applied to all European immigrants.

Redneck may also stem from Scottish musical lyric, much of which became what we know today as southern or dixie type music.&nbsp;A musician,&nbsp;Frank Walsh, told a story of 'Bonnie Dundee' who was commissioned by the English King to suppress Scottish 'Covenanters' who were practicing religious heresies against the Anglican Church. A 'National Covenant of Scotland' was eventually written, by the self-liberated Scotts, and signed in blood by the signatories in Edinburgh, circa 1638. As a sign of their covenant with God, the Scottish wore red collars. The English then, noting this began to refer to these dissenters as "Rednecks".

So as you can see, we&nbsp;can blame all this hippocracy and even the entire argument here on Bruce and Marcus... ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
nephron
I was raised Presbyterian, so I resemble that statement
:eek:

:laugh: Tony

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yup, I'm a redneck too (rooinek), have been all my life :)

Anyhow, I had my own little epiphany last night - and in the immortal words of 7of9 - It is irrelevant ! (all this bickering and thermal verbosity) - history is not only about what happened 1000 years ago, but also what is happening now, and will happen in the next 1000 years. much of the petty squabbles we have are focused on the here and now. much of what we do or believe is brought about by conditioning, propaganda, dare I say brain washing. A conditioning designed to keep us, the ants of society, working hard and in our place. Anyone see "a bugs life", one ant gets distracted and it is chaos for everyone. The major thought that came to mind last night was "The advancement of humankind" ! - Just how much of what we do, believe, think and act, has a positive effect, or negative effect on our advancement as a species. Why do we drive huge gas guzzling cars, could we not live with cheaper costing/running cars, surely if we cleaned up our act in the big picture, we could afford to play and get dirty on our two stroke machines without having to worry. Why do we not drive cars which cost pennies to run, why do we not make efficient use of our electricity (Sadly Americans rate among the worst), why are we so wasteful, and destructive. Is it because those that profit from this destruction have no interest in "The advancement of Humankind", but rather short term profit and greed. The talk about hydrogen power is great, but who is going to sell and market the stuff, especially when in no time you will be able to buy your own hydrogen making machine - definitely no money or profit there for the gas companies. In 3rd world countries right now, they are making use of cheap easy to produce bio-gas - something we could make on a farm or even in your own home - is this encouraged or developed for use here - hell no. I met a gentleman on a flight into Amarillo a while back, was from a wind emery company, had done a study, and found the Amarillo area to have the best (worst) conditions in the country for wind generation of power - to date, no windmills in the area. Only when our natural resources are depleted altogether, and we have no other recourse, will we really take seriously, the idea of cheap and sustainable energy. We are going to squeeze every drop of oil and coal from this earth before we go to hydrogen !

OK, this is one hell of a soap box aria, just got to thinking that we are being screwed big time, that the powers that be would rather have us focus on our short term issues, keep our heads in the sand, and our butts in the air, and keep on as usual. There is huge profit in division, price fixing is a way of life, extortion, and high flying shenanigans are the order of the day.

Because no-one really cares about "The advancement of human kind" (well maybe a few !)

MLK may have had his dream, mine is to get in a car and drive forever, never having to pay for gas again ... hmm, I would like that !

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Great comments, all!

BB - I have said sports and TV are pablum for the masses to keep them complacent.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Originally posted by Patman :
"Nothing makes me happier than to tell some of the various language speaking folks around here the phrase: "Sorry but I only speak redneck english, if you need my help find a dictionary." Then when they start talking about me in spanish I play dumb for a bit (just as they do with the english language) and then disagrre in their tongue :p "

LOL
That goes on quite a bit here in NM.
My son took spanish classes in high school because it was mandatory.
(wasnt mandatory back in MY day thank god.)
So he knows what they're saying.
But the cool part here is that he speaks a bit of Japanese too.
So when these little groups of Latinos walk up to him talking in english to themselves, then they talk to him in spanish (apparently just trying to piss him off).
So he just smirks and sprouts off a few questions in Japanese.
Ya oughta see the looks they give him! :laugh: :thumb:
They're just totally lost!
Then he'll tell them (in spanish) "yeah, that sucks dont it?"
ROFLMAO :)

Top Bottom