CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Allright read, enjoy, hate if you will. But I feel it raises a point that couldn't be more true.

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered, I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please! This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper.
He did quite a job; didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS and CANADIANS, MUST ADAPT.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans and Canadians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely composed of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America and Canada being a multicultural national identity. As Americans and Canadians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars Stripes and Maple Leaf's offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. These are OUR COUNTRIES, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his or her opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flags, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American and Canadian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
The english thing really gets me, living in Texas, working at a mall, I deal with this sort of thing ALL the time. We had this discussion in English class one day (kinda ironic...) and all of a sudden I had this epiphany. If I were going to live in Mexico, I'd damn sure better learn some Spanish or I aint gonna survive. So when they come and live in the US (and/or Canada), they had better learn the correct language. They should bend themselves to our society, not vice versa. *stepping down off soap box*

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
He is a JMFM in training. We make sure that he has at least one epiphany a day.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by CanadianRidr

If Stars Stripes and Maple Leaf's offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

:thumb: Good one Canadiantoddler. :thumb: Two thumbs up for ya, eh!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
do really call this language that you Americans speak English? you damn silly arses, you can't even spell colour correctly!

Trial and Tribulation! :)

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

You know what irritates me to no end? When I pull up to my bank, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, put my ATM card in the machine and the first thing it asks is "English or spanish?".
What country do you think this is????

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by bclapham
do really call this language that you Americans speak English? you damn silly arses, you can't even spell colour correctly!

Right you are, we have a couple of venders in England I can hardly converse with them. Then again, I have some trouble with some of oursouthern customers too!

Kevin

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Hey, I speak that language....at about 3:00am, after a long, long night pouring in wiskey.......I think it's called hebrew.....

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Neil Wig
.......I think it's called hebrew.....
Yiddish, I've been known to type in it as well. Sarge is an expert in this language. :)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000

As mentioned before, I work in a mall. Since Dallas isn't really a big international tourist destination, we don't get many Brits, but when we do, they are so hard to understand. Half of em I think are Australian, how can you even tell the difference?

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
We speak ENGLISH

Aah is that what you call et .. EH - ;) - as it is most of ya can't spell to save bloody Queen Elizabeth !! :eek:

Mind you, in a hundred or so years time the national language fo the USA will probably be Spanish, and in Canadia - maybe Mandarin !!! OMG :ugg:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Mind you, in a hundred or so years time the national language fo the USA will probably be Spanish, and in Canadia - maybe Mandarin !!! OMG
Yup... the democrats are banking on it. :silly:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from

Wow. That sounds like something you'd hear from some drunk, toothless wife-beatin' mulleteer, just before he speeds off in his pick'em'up truck. Gotta disagree with this one. :silly:

For reference, if you liked that unintelligent banjo-bangin' essay, you might also like Mein Kampf.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Reading "My Struggle" and wanting to compare that to this editorial is a tad odd I think. Since you compared the two did you infact read Mein Kampf?

Just curious.

Anywho, I see where you are coming from, the author sort of contradicted himself a few times in the image that he is trying to portray. However I feel that he did a good job in saying what he felt and I can look past a few points.

PS. Just for notes, I will never hate or dislike anyone ever because their culture or heritage, some of my best friends that I have met in my life come from many walks of life :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Neph... I think the attitude is pretty clear no? America was founded on the premise that you can practice any (legal) cultural or religious tradition you'd like. But! No one said others have to change their way of life to accommodate you. Your rights go only so far as to not effect the rights of someone else.

Last I heard, the majority still rules... but sometimes I wonder.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
so someone explain why everyone in america should speak english. Surely the original language was navaho or something?

i a not trying to spark anything off so dont take that statement the wrong way...what bugs me is when the arian brothers talk about all of the immigrants in america when it wasnt even the white mans land to begin with.

i am by no means a left winger or anything i just think we need to be careful about some things, its soooo easy for things to come out the wrong way, as i am sure some people might take my comment...a perfect example!

Last edited:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
so someone explain why everyone in america should speak english. Surely the original language was navaho or something?
<snip>

Good point Bruce.. Everyone doesn't have to speak english, it's up to them if they want to learn it and use its benefits. That makes a lot more sense rather than having to change things for people who can't be bothered to adapt. If someone wants to get a drivers license, they had better be prepared to understand english language road signs. This is just one analogy. If they do not care to adapt, they don't get to drive. It's their choice.

Like what was said before in a previous post, if someone is offended by the stars and stripes, or the maple leaf, then pick a different country to live in.

Just my humble opinion. I don't think that this makes me ******.. If I moved to Russia you can be sure that I would expect to have to grasp their language, and not for them to change their system for me.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Okie, Bruce and Cam you all raise really good, strong points.

And I completly agree, I can assure you if I went to another country and attended one of their public schools and I told them that I felt their "religious" holiday was stepping on my rights I would get told off or even worse. But here in Canada and the United States some children in public schools have to miss out on Christmas at school entirely and have it renamed "winterfest"

No thanks don't think so, and im 99.999999 percent sure that's NOT what my grandfathers and great grandfathers fought for!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Oh and Bruce, the "Arians" do no one any good. The entirety of the "group" consist of uneducated people, and people just raised to know no better.

Im not to sure how some took this editorial, but I doubt the man who wrote it was infact a ****** or blah blah...

I don't think that if you do come to live in Canada or America you have to give your language or culture up. It's fine when people bring their culture here, and I can't blame people to want to live a better life style in these great countries, in my mind the best countries in the world to live in.

But it's a totally different story when you want people to revolve around you. What gripes me is when people come here expecting to change our contries into a glorified version of what they had "back home".

Keep your traditions, do you thing but don't tread on me :cool:

Top Bottom