Votes: 139 8.4%
  • More than $7500

Votes: 376 22.6%

• Total voters

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I hit the wrong dollar amount, it was more like 5 times that amount, but it was still half what I spent in 01 and that's a good thing.

This year I should be around 6500-7000 , I hope

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I went with 5000.00. Its prolly more considering the leg break and the surgery were nearly 100k, but I didnt count it. :)

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
although my bike just barely clears the 12 month mark, my total was still around 2000.00, not bad for a college student working part time. The more I think about it, nothing really went wrong this year though, I just had a crazed fit of accessorizing. The new gear setup, hydraulic clutch, powervalve assembly, rims, spokes, gas, oil, numbers, plastic,seat cover, plugs, axle nuts, jets, axle adjuster bolts, chain, sprockets, pipe and gold valve (in a few days) all just sent me over the edge, how much does your time add in there, if you figure the average mechaninc makes about 65.00 and hour we would all be millionaires!!!

Oct 10, 2000
Over $7500, thats without cost of bike. I did the National Harescramble series and would like to take this time to thank my sponcors.

Mastercard
Visa
Discover and ProClean

Rod Grove

Feb 21, 2001
As Raymonds father would say"holy crap". I voted for 2500 off the top of my head. Forgot to add fuel getting there, food, beverage, 100 dollar cooler my wife over paid for, wood, charcole and many other misc. WoW! Oh ya, not to mention the new pick up I just bought, and justified buying it so I wouldnt break down on the way to a race or rideing. I doent see a bracket that even goes that high if you count that.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The KX500 was more than a year ago, but I bought an LEM LX2 racer and KDX50, tons of gear, parts, etc. Would have to say over 7500 bucks. Can't forget that huge outlay for DRN! :p&nbsp; lol, worth every penny. :laugh:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Why can't dirtbikin' be a federally funded program so we can get all this crap for free (or at least with all that damn tax money we already spend!)

lol, "Here's your block of cheese, food stamps and YZ450F." :eek:

By the way, my wife's been realizing how much fun Quintin and I are having riding, and she's been looking in the papers and asking questions about what a 250XX, etc. is. :eek:&nbsp;

I'm thinkin' she wants to ride! :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by nephron
I'm thinkin' she wants to ride! :yeehaw: [/B]

Cool! :cool:

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I have spent maybe $4000 the last 12 months but i have also sold a bike for $1700. But i have probably not spent much more than $1000 the last 10 years. I have often had older bikes that i have been able so sell somethimes for more than i bought it so the cost have only been wear parts, fuel, etc. Now i bought a pretty new bike so my yearly cost will be higher this year cause new bikes loose much more value when its new.

But i dont think its very intresting how much you have spent the last 12 months. I mean you do get alot of the invested money back when you sell your bike, what i think is more fun to know is how much you spend in a year average. This mean what you have bought your bikes for and all the fuel, tires, etc minus what you have sold your stuff for.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I bought two '02 bikes this year, plus gear, a stand, three classes, DW vacation, parts, etc. The high one for me.

And I loved spending every penny of it!!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
NO!!! Don't make me add it up!

A new bike for me (KX100)
A new bike for Cody (KTM mini adventure)

New gear for Cody.
New gear for me (BIG THANKS TO MOOSE RACING)

KX Goodies- FMF spark arrestor, IMS tank, chain and sprockets.

Entry fees for last years races (approx $250)

AMA for me and Cody $78

SERA for me and Cody $50

I'm sure there is more but that's just right off the top of my head.

IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY! :aj: :aj:

TMax

Nov 4, 2002
In 1995 our family was very active with my son's racing. My wife and I sat down and figured out our "estimated" expense for that year:
Two new bikes (LEM CR3s),
Numerous engine mods, pipes, frame reinforcement, etc., etc.,
54 races,
New 20' trailer,
NOT counting the support materials from sponsors (clothing, race fuel, etc.),

$27,000!

We loved every dollar of it!

TMax

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
Quote: "Bunch of heavy hitters here, for sure."

You betcha. Let's see:

Four scale model XR 400's (real metal) $2.00 (garage sale).
One game board realistic track (free--same garage sale).
One virtual internet racing experience (free, thanks Sony).
One Whizzer motorcycle, basket condition (still negotiating).
One band-aid--five cents. (Paper cuts from the on-going negotiating).
One clawed up MX helmet & Jersey $5.00 (Actually, they heard my low bid wrong).
One MotoJackRack--needs welding... (I was just kidding, E-Bay).
Shipping for the above JackRack....("Holy Hoof & Horn Polish")
40 gallons recycled oil (they offered to pay me!)
One new KTM seat (slightly softer than concrete--I sent it back!)
One flat bed trailer, needs deck, lights and axel (Bargain of the Week)

Thanks, Okie. After reviewing the outlays, I've learned this sport is way to extravagant for one cheap Bohemian. :whiner:

I'm considering going into another extreme sport that will leave some $$ in the budget for the groceries, and will allow more time with my small children, without any of those nasty emergency trips to hospital----marbles. :silly:

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
In August I paid $100 for a non-running '85 kdx200. I have kept very close track and I have paid an additional $779.20 to get it in very good condition. I only need a rear fender with taillight (UFO for $40) to have it 100%

I have about $200 in gear including books, manuals, new MSR Sytem X boots. But then I went and bought a '88 kdx200 for $860. We're going to have some fun this summer.

Mark

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I see most of you have spent over $7500! I dunno how you count and what your average would be. But thats more than probably most people in sweden have left when the bills are paid. This makes we wonder what the average income is among you.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I am definately in the 5k group. After buying P-man's old bike, and a few other odds and ends. 400 for a trailer, new gloves, goggles, a couple of jerseys etc...

UD24

Mar 6, 2002
way too much, kids racing, mid-range now, 11th bike, 8 in 2 years,
Pace trailer, sold for RV, Parts, Mods, Parts, clothes, food, Gas, time off work, not a work-a-holic anymore...lol....exceeding the cost of about 2 new pickups, (or one nice one) paid in full, results......the best experiece a son-dad-son can ever have in a life time
Future savings,....good luck

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by Thump

I wondered the same thing so I put a new catagory in Quicken to track that expense.

Been doing that for a couple of years, of course it was easier when I was single ;) now it seems like not "everything" gets input into the system...

I have the categorys broken down several ways including

Fuel
Hard Parts
Trip expenses
Gear
memberships(BRC, AMA etc)
Subscriptions
Trailer (for tags etc...)

break it down, it's SCAREY! :scream:

Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
It seems like buying the bikes is the cheap part. Buying aftermarket "goodies" is where mine adds up. Of course, I have 3 quads and 5 two-wheelers to play with too. And, when adding magazines, SX tickets, and trip costs for riding, our sport is really worth it.

RMXkid

Jul 13, 2001
i probbly spent 50 bucks last season. I only rode a few times in friends feild. Things will be differnt this season though.

oldslodave

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 2002
I try not to look very close, but 2 boyz racing flatrack, my older boy and I racing enduros, trail riding, maintenance on 6 bikes, somebody always out grows or otherwise needs a new bike each year, not to mention the trailer, motorhome, well you get the picture......

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
New bike 5000.00 Join club 200.00 plus all the outher stuff you would rather forget , at least 2500.00. Best part is the club is a yearly fee and you get to ride 365 days from 9:00am till sundown.
Now lets add up what it cost to keep da little woman happy? :worship:

Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
Hmm i'm 16 years old what was my budget last year
New RM-$5000
MODS-$400
Race fees-$1000
Oils and broken parts-$500
Not too bad considering my age.

Top Bottom