mgouras

Dec 13, 2007
I've got a chace to buy a very solid, rarely used '91 KDX250 for a decent price. Before I do, i'd like to bounce it off the KDX experts here.
I'm getting back into riding after more than a decade off. Probably will only ride it a few times a year, on trails of different types.
I used to ride a 90 YZ250WR way back when.
I thought this time I would get the KDX200 since there are so many around and always admired how easy it is to ride. But I've found this KDX250, and it has caught my interest. I've read up about it here on this forum, and I'm a little worried about its odball nature. Although I do like to tinker, which it seems like this particular model requires.
What are your thoughts? How much do you think one is worth? Should I just wait for a trusty old KDX200 to come up?

43Duc748

May 13, 2004
Once I got my properly jetted I had no problems with it. It starts first kick once warm, two or three after sitting for days / weeks. The suspesion isn't up to motocross specs, but for my skills it's been fine. The bike may be a little heavy, but after riding it and adapting to it it hasn't been a problem.

Some paarts can be a little hard to find, mainly body work which is why I got most of my stuff off that popular auction site. Most motor parts are from a KX250 motor, so no issues there. Any other parts I've been able to get from my local Kawi dealer.

The bike has been easy to work on w/ no major issues. I enjoyed how nice it was to work on a bike that was so simple. Changing jets is a breeze. Replacing swingarm bearings was a simple task.

It depends on the price. I paid around a thousand for mine a few years ago, but I had to put some money into it to get it up to snuff. I wouldn't pay much more than $1200 to 1500 for a decent one.

By the way, when you get on the pipe, the motor absolutely rips!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom