srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to Lawrenceburg (Tn) Yamaha and the Yamaha Company as well.

I finally got everybody a bike to ride this past Saturday. Bought the wife a 03 Yamaha TTR 125 E, man is she happy. I wanted her to get the "L" becouse of the bigger wheels and the front disk brake but it was just a little tall for her (5'2").
Bought son #2 a 03 Yamaha TTR 90 E, man is he happy. Theres a common thread here, everybody is happy :yeehaw: :yeehaw:. Well maybe not son #1, I think is a little jellous mom and little bro got new bikes when he's been wanting something a little more peppy. I told him he was next on the list, when I got my nose back above water he could jump on and push me back under :laugh:.

First off the People at Lawrenceburg Yamaha were just supper nice and easy to deal with, just really went out of there way to help us out.

Secound Yamaha, not only are the bikes impressive but the owners manual is also a full service manual. I really appreciate the fact that I don't have to go out and buy a service manual ($20 - $30) to work on my bikes.

Anyway thought I would give everybody a heads-up that there is another woman out on the trails with a pack of kids :laugh: :laugh: .

c'ya Steve

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Very cool! Sounds like your timing is a little better than mine. I bought my wife a 2002 TTR125 for her birthday last year. She rode it once and a week later we found out she was pregnant with our second child. She hasn't been back on it since then, but I'll fix that. Actually, I'm a little nervous about getting her back on the bike. I don't need a third child!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Lol Kawidude ;) What an excuse to keep her off the bike, that's definitely one to remember hehehe

Steve, the other cool thing about Yamahas is their look. I don't know whether it's because I had one as my first real bike or what, but I've definitely got a soft spot for them. We also have a good Yamaha dealer nearby & buy a lot of consumables off him, even though one bike missing from our stable at the moment is a Yamaha. It's a shame she feels the big wheel's a bit big for her as at 5'2.5" I find it's a little bit little for me. (I know people think I'm taller than that i.e. 5'4" but according to NZ measurements I'm not). Check out older threads in the women's forums for tips & links on how to teach her to ride.
Michelle

srhill

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2002
Kawidude: I fixed mine to, snip snip :scream: .

Michelle: I tried to tell her that in 2 or 3 months she would have no problems at all with the big wheel but she still wanted the the small one. I really think the kicker was the big wheel didn't have the E button. That was a big thing for me also. Maybe I want have to get off my bike as much to crank someone elses. And as the old saying goes "If moms happy dads happy" :)

Re Looks: They really are sharp bikes, and am really impressed with the performance with both. I told the dealer that at one time I thought I would never own a Yamaha. When I was a kid back in the 70's, two of my friends I rode with had Yamahas and they were just total pieces of crap, we couldn't ride for working on theres. It's took a long time and several friends owning Yamahas to change my thinking.

Later, Steve

Top Bottom