Tiffany Springs/KCI airport riding area???

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I heard some rumors that the Tiffany Springs/Kansas City International airport riding area might be open for riding again. As I have stated, this is just a rumor.

I am hoping maybe a local KC member might have some connections with the the Kansas City Police/Platte County Sheriff's department to see if this rumor is true. Otherwise, its a $100.00 fine if caught tresspassing.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I am new to KC but have heard from someone in St, Joe that there is some riding by the airport. I hope someone can help us all out with this.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe call the Dognut shop and ask?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Alternative spelling for "Doughnut" 1. As in round food group with a hole in the middle, usually available in standard and "gem" sizes. deep fried to lock in the nutritional value. 2. Also a known hangout for law enforcement officials (a.k.a. Police HQ).

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Sorry Rick, as you know I live up by there, and as of the other day there were posted signs up. I didn't see any signs of riding-I was looking for morels. I do know that the police dept. was willing to help an organized effort work with the city, but that is as far as it has gotten (to my knowledge-which can be very limited most of the time;) ) By the way-would you and some others be interested in doing a little riding over @ Finger Lakes sometime in the next month or so? I think Jason would be up for it-I'm just tied up w/ MX and HareScrambles for the next 3 weeks.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Forget the riding area by the airport. You guys need to come down to Midwest Xtreme MX track down by Drexel, MO. It is about a 1 and a 1/2 mile outdoor style MX track that has about 200 acers of trails to go with it. Best overall riding in the metro area. It will take you about an hour to get there from the airport if you guys are near that. You get the best of both worlds with an MX track and a large trail riding area, you can't go wrong!!! Hope to see you down there with the rest of the KC spode's.:cool:

P.S.---Best of all it is a legal place to ride and there is no worries of a $100.00 fine!!!!

Last edited:

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Thanks alot Wade for popping my wishful bubble.

Yesterday I got an email from a friend that said he saw several people riding up there and I was going to check it out. I might have to take my DRZ400S for a pleasure ride and do some checking myself.

Hey, I would be open to Finger Lake sometime. Just let me know when you want to go.

Thanks for the info.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Did you go out to Drexel last weekend-I couldn't as my hands were still healing from Carbondale. Please don't ask.:o

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
There were about 10 DRN members out at Midwest Xtreme last weekend. It was about half and half as far as who was doing trail riding and who was doing some MX racing. The track and trails are open 7 days a week for $8 per day. The only time the track is closed is saturday and Sunday of race weekends but the trails are still open on those weekends. Hope to see some of you out there.

Top Bottom