pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Hey dudes!

I was riding today(what a blast! never road this fast and long before) till i got a slide just before a big jump in maybe 50km/h. I landed 90 degrees wrong and crashed pretty bad.

Im suprised that i didnt hurt myself much. But the bike got hurted pretty bad. The subframe is bent aswell as the bar(renthal alu****). And a steering stop is gone, hope my steering damper didnt hurt, it was it that made me really fast today, maybe too fast :)

Well here to the question, do you have any tips how i should bend back my subframe. Im considering have the subframe mounted to the main frame and bend it from there. Its a '93 cr250.

Overall it was a great day, first time i took the bike to the track with a trailer all by myself(got a car license 3 days ago). Its a great feeling to know that i can take the car to whereever i want, whenever i want!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
If the subframe is just tweaked to the side a little, I have had good luck just leaning my bike against a tree and giving it a good kick to bend the subframe back into place. This isn't a substitute for replacing a baddly bent subframe, as bent and re-straightened metal is weakened, but it can work. As for the "Benthals", just get another bar and be done with it. The steering stop can easily be welded back on.

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
The subframe is pretty bad bent, i tried to bend it back with a big hammer without luck. Im not sure what to try next. For the bad i think i will just bend it back. The steering stop i know what to do, i had already broke&fixed it before i broke it again.

Do you think there are shops that could fix the subframe for a cheap price? Or what would you do?

Monkey Butt

Jun 1, 2000
If it isn't bent real bad, you can heat up the sub frame and use a pipe to get some leverage. Using the pipe to bend the sub frame, you should be able to bend it a little at a time and keep checking it until it is pretty straight again. Like Spanky said, if it is bent bad you should probably replace it. I've only had one bent sub frame and I was able to get pretty straight using the method I described.

Good luck, and watch out for that.............

Neal

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
I managed to fix it with a skewer/spit(?). The technique was to bend, not hit. A new layer of paint and you wont see its been smashed :)

Now i only have the bar to bend back, fix the steering stop and bend the steering damper mounts. Looks like the damper managed the crash!

Top Bottom