Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
This does not sound appropriate for Eric's forum. BUT...One spot in his book talks about his former Service Manager who would not allow tires to be changed using irons. He insisted the bead be "Rolled" on.

Guys, I tried this last night and it appears impossible. How does one accomplish this feat? Please share some helpful hints. Thsi would be an awsome technique to have while trail riding.

Thanks again!

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
After I laced my Pro-wheel rims on I bought some tire lube in an spray can from my Yammi dealer to ease installation.(they said)....My from tire went completely on without irons. I didn't try to do the back this way cause I did it first and never even thought of it. I belive it might be rough but possible.....

I started the front by hand as much as possible then used an iron to hold the bead from slipping,then worked around the wheel a small bit at a time. I belive the key is to keep the tire in the "rim valley" where the spokes are. As I pinched the tire to go down in the "valley" I could see the tire relax in tension where it was not over the bead........

Whew I hope you can visualize my writing.

Hope this helps

Crazy

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
You were working with an 85 tire( I assume by your profile)...try doing that with a D952 or a Maxxis IT. I can get pretty far on a rear tire by hand with no irons, but that last foot isn't possible without an iron.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom