Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
alright, the new crf50's don't have tires on them that are worth a snot, the slip and slide in the turns, damn near slicks.
I have seen tires on ****, advertized as the "knobbiest". But I know they make dunlop 756and 773's I figured the dunlop 756's would be pretty darn good

What works for everyone else?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
I have used the maxis tires and they work well except for hard terrain. The knobs rip off easily but they hook up good. The starcross tire is nice and very inexpensive. i get them locally for $17. The problem in the starcross is they only have one design for front and rear and its not a good front. The 756's are good but don't last that long and for the price aren't worth it. What we ended up using when we ran a 10" front was the startcross rear and a Bridgestone or Dunlop front.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
We have used the kenda millville...It was great for hookup but we smoked it in 1 practice and 4 moto's. Completeley gone. Its a soft to intermediate tire. The price ir right but if you think the startcross doesn't last for snot then you'll really be unhappy with the millville. The startcross we can get close to a month out of.

casillego

Mar 18, 2004
Lastly we have used Maxxis IT, cheaper and very good tires.

"The knobs rip off easily but they hook up good. The starcross tire is nice and very inexpensive. i get them locally for $17"

UFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF here is over 40 € each one. In Europe the cost for everything about MX is triple.

dylan57

Aug 16, 2004
I also added the Michelin Star Cross tires to my son's pw50. I have just recently got him a KTM 50 pro jr and added the Star Cross to it as well. Great choice of tires. :ride:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
MXSouth just gave me the best deal that could be on Michelin StarCross'
2.5x10 + 2.75x10 $40

I did buy some other items, which may have made it easier for him to deal. Worth giving him a try and support the DRN sponsors.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom