To Dune or not to Dune?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
I have a 200mxc and was thinking about getting a paddle tire and heading to Glamis. I have heard 125's don't do well in the sand dunes and it's hard on the motor.

Do ya think a 200 2-stroke would do well without killing the motor? If so how many paddles would you suggest?

I've had my KTM out at Pismo before and it did horribly but I think it was more a matter of jetting.

When I rode glamis with my RM125 it did just fine with an 8 paddle tire. You can get a 10 paddle tire if you want, but I believe an 8 will be enough for you.

Will this be your first trip to Glamis?!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
I had my KDX at the dunes without a paddle and it did fine, once I figured out the whole standing up thing. It took a few faceplants though. :confused: Sharla was out with me on her KTM and from what I saw she didn't have any problems either. Except for that jump in 5th gear. :eek: Damn I wish I'd seen it. :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
dunes are hard on any motor. just run race gas and go for it. it is the best kind of riding. you will have a blast.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
I rode Pismo Beach alot w/no paddle.. Not really sure if you need one for Glamis or not.. I would reccomend extra air filters though, sand gets everywhere..
RIck

ktmboy

Subscriber
Ya gotta try duning at least once in yer lifetime with or W/O a paddle. One trip to the dunes shouldn't hurt. I'd run the jetting on the rich side on the main.