Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Last night after the District 14 Awarda Banquet with the assistance of Team PTP head machanic Napper, Tommy Dixon took possesion of his 2004 KGPL KTM 250 EXC. This bike was custom designed for Tom by Napper with fully tuned suspension with custom handguards and hi rise handle bars. We opted not to put the wheelie bar on this one because we feel Tommy learned his lesson last year. You know it's always a little sad for me to get rid of a bike, especially this one as it was the bike I rode all season for my first race season since 1981 in the D 14 series and it never let me down - finished every race! But man you would have thought it was Chrsitmas morning as Tommy got that bike, smiling, cheering and jumping around. :yeehaw: She looks sweet with all new plastic on her, new graphics,and a new seat. Enjoy it Tommy and give us a ride report if you can. I'd like to know what you think of her. :aj:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
RIDE REPORT: Opening Day, MX track

I awoke from my short slumber around 11 o'clock this morning. I had gotten back from a heavy metal concert in downtown Detroit at around 5 o'clock this morning so I was still pretty tired. But I called up my friend Chase as asked him if he wanted to ride. He agreed so I told him I'd be there in a while because I had to go and get some gas from town. A little while later I was ready to rip in my KGPL gear. I took off down the road to a 2-track to go over to Chase's house. I was kind of nervous because there are a lot of hunters moving through the woods, but I kept the RPM's down and made it on over to Chase's. He was just getting his KXF out of the barn when I pulled in. We chatted for a bit and then went out to his track. Now, my 03 had one heck of a hit, (and I have a scar to prove it) but the 04 was nice and smooth which made me think that it may have been weaker. This was not the case. The motor pulled nice and long through the turns and down the straights. The other noticeable part was the suspension. IT WAS B-E-A-UTIFUL!!! I could hit the largest jumps, skip across the deepest bumps, and case the biggest landings with ease. I rode close to 6 hours this afternoon, with only a few breaks. I just couldn't pull myself off of the bike. Finally, it was getting pretty dark so I decided to ride home. It was worth the 3 week wait. I can't wait to try it out on the trail in December (granted there is not much snow)!!!!

Thank you Napper for setting it up so perfect!
Thanks Fred for selling it to me!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
AWESOME! :cool:

Glad you like it Tommy. That Enduro Engineering E3 exhaust system is pretty sweet on that bike.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:cool:

Team Metal Mulisha Man....

Heavy metal concert + 6 hours of railing on a new bike + private track.... That's a hell of a school co-op program!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
:cool:

Team Metal Mulisha Man....

Heavy metal concert + 6 hours of railing on a new bike + private track.... That's a hell of a school co-op program!

Deer season is a national holiday in northern michigan -so no school.

Yeah Tommy, that Napperized suspension is some pretty sweet stuff huh? Shimmaster Napieralski :worship:

Top Bottom