Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Although my buddy Napper can't ride I decided to take a vacation from boycotting riding until he is healthy and ride my new 250 today. My neighbor called me yesterday and said he was in Gladwin and all the snow was gone and he wanted to sneak in a ride. So here I am at home, not having ridden since Oct 31st with a brand stinking new 2005 KTM 250 EXC with a hopped up motor in the garage deciding if I should take a day off work to ride. SO I had a meeting with my boss (ME) and we decided that it would be in the best interest of the great corporate minds to relax and clear the head with some fresh air and twisting the right grip. So hell ya, I'll go ride with ya buddy, what time ya picking me up?

We headed out of town for the Gladwin south loop. (Ya I know, but it was riding!) We get there, throw on the gear, fire the bikes and head off. Oh man this damn bike is AWESOME I'm thinking as I am riding and getting to know her. I see a section of whoops (quite rare in this part of trail -NOT) and click up a gear and grab a ton of throttle and holee sheeeeeeet this thing freaking moves! The front knobbie didn't get much wear on that section of trail thats for sure. I'm still getting a feel for the bike's power and handling for a few miles following my neighbor. We stop for a minute and talk, he takes my bike for a ride and comes back grinning. Back on my bike and off I go this time with the lead and some new found confidence now that I am more comfortable with the bike so I "let her eat" a bit down the trail and all I can think of is daymn this thing really hauls the mail but it's so smoooooth -no hit at all but fast! I just can't believe that its the same bike I had last year with a 2005 SX piston and head as the only change. It freaking flies and is so much fun. So we end up riding the south loop again and my nieghbor takes the lead again so I follow him and he pulls off the trail and says he's whipped. Well i guess we did ride some whoops here and there and got about 30 miles in so far so that's cool. I take the lead and we ride back a few miles - I still feel pretty fresh. (OH Yeah, team PTP training still working out even with out riding for 6 weeks!) That and the fact that I am so jazzed about the new bike and how awesome the Endro Engineering suspension is working and how the motor is so damn much fun I forgot to get tired. So we sit on the tailgate of his truck, bench race for a shile and load up and go home. Ah, did I mention that traction was operfect, the temps were about 40 and it was an awesome December day? :aj: Some of you had to work today. :moon:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sounds like a great ride....brown-nosing the boss pays off!

So what's up with Napper? What's broken, bent, or stopped-up?

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Fred,
I'm jealous, the "brick" is torn apart in the garage.
Sounds like the new ride is great, the ride report was good.

TD played hookey from the shop yesterday, said something about him & Chase having a KGP meeting & ride, the sun was shining so go figure.
Don

Top Bottom