Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
This thread is long overdue. Seeing Squeaky's thread thanking Tony was just what I needed to quickly edit some pictures and post them here.
Tony, if you want Higher resolution pictures of any of these, just ask.

Hopefully these come in some sort of order.

Some backgroud to this story.
When Squeaky told me that Tony would be in town to take pictures at her wedding, a lightbulb went off in my head.:clue: Tony would like a tour of the Rhode Island State House while he was up here for the wedding. Add to that the fact that I work in the State House, and I figured I could get him access to stuff the regular public doesn't usually get to see.

I asked the chief of staff for, and got, permission to take a group (the wedding party) up to the top of the State House Dome.
Follow this link to take a Rhode Island State House Tour If you take a look at this picture The Rotunda look in the top center and look for the light blue area. That is where we are standing looking down when we are inside the top of the dome.
Anyway, I think everyone enjoyed the visit. On to the pictures.

The first one is Tony at the first level outside. You can see the pillars behind him.
The second is a picture of the State House. We are heading to the top, just under the Independance Man.
The third picture is a group shot of everyone who went on the tour.

Attachments

• thegroup.jpg
    thegroup.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 87
  • outsidestatehouse.jpg
    outsidestatehouse.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 90
  • tonyoutsidesecondlanding.jpg
    tonyoutsidesecondlanding.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 91

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
more pictures

Another picture of Tony on the second stop. This is at the base of the dome.
The next two are near the top of the dome from the inside. Remember that Rotunda picture I put a link to? Well this is the spot I pointed out. The third Picture is the view down to the ground from up there.

Attachments

• tonyontopofdome.jpg
    tonyontopofdome.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 93
  • insidethedome.jpg
    insidethedome.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 87
  • insidedomelookingdown.jpg
    insidedomelookingdown.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 89

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
a few more. . .
This is the "door" that lets you access the landing at the top of the dome.
Next is the view down one of the spiral staircases that gets you to the top. Bear in mind that there is no lighting on these stairs, and for the most part we were in total darkness climbing. The flash is the only thing lighting the shot.
Third, Here's the view from the top of the State House.

Attachments

• domeportal.jpg
    domeportal.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 83
  • tonyspiralstaircase.jpg
    tonyspiralstaircase.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 86
  • topofthedomedown.jpg
    topofthedomedown.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 96

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
and here is Tony at the top of the Rhode Island State House. The second picture is looking down the side of the dome.

Man, in that first shot you can just barely make out the Newport Bridge off in the distance! :nod: :laugh:

Attachments

• tonydomeportal.jpg
    tonydomeportal.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 88
  • lookingdown.jpg
    lookingdown.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 87

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Awesome!! I was just looking at the one pic with Tony and also MrLuckey and knowing that PK was in the vicinity and it was another one of those moments of "Only DRN" when you think about how these people somehow came together.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I couldn't agree with you more Natty (XOXOX)

BTW If you take another look at the picture of the group as they are heading into the State House, you will also see Treejumper.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Papakeith said:
Man, in that first shot you can just barely make out the Newport Bridge off in the distance! :nod: :laugh:

Did Roost give Tony a tour of *the* bridge???
:laugh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Bruce, for some reason or other doesn't care for the Newport Bridge. Matter o fact, he tends to cringe when the name is mentioned.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awesome pics Keith!

Natty, you are so right...it's just amazing to think about how we all came together one way or another. If it wasn't for Okie and this darn site, and then of course Dirt Week!

Top Bottom