Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
I've got a moose tool pack thing that mounts on the rear fender of the bike. It came w/ a used xr 4 i got and then got rid of. It is 7" by 8" and is a trifold tool roll type thing. It looks like it can hold a lot of tools. You bolt a plastic plate and strap thing to the rear fender then the tool roll is strapped down to the plate. It used to be on the moose site but it looks like they don't sell'em anymore. i never used it on the xr. I'm setting up my drz for this spring and am trying to decide if i should mount it on the fender. i just plan on trail riding. no racing or anything like that. I've never seen one on a bike in the woods. I like the fact that if you need to work on the bike you just undo the tool roll and roll it out on the ground and everything is there. But part of me thinks it's overkill, it's not like i'm heading out to run Dakar!! But when my Mtn bike broke i could put it on my shoulder and walk out of the woods. i won't be doing that if something quits on the drz!! I'm leanig towards using it at the moment. What are your thoughts

A) Do you know what tool kit i'm talking about??

B) Would you mount it up or leave it off, go with something smaller, or a fanny pack.

Just wondering, Thanks

azcourt

Apr 29, 2001
Being vertically challenged and slightly portly (big boned) I use the front fender pack. I rode a friends XR 650 this weekend and had trouble getting my leg over the moose toolpack he had on his fender. I have not had to make too many repairs, but have changed three tubes on the trail. It is really nice to have some tools for suspension adjustments also. Better safe than sorry I say. You friends will love you if it is their bike that brakes, and you have tools.

BTW What do you think the monkey is doing?
:aj:
Looks like he is kicking a flooded YZ 4.. :confused:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I have the exact on that you are talking about. It does hole most of the tools that I need. I did not want to strap them to my lower back as I have enough problems with it the day after a good ride. It works well, but I have lost it once. There was someone behind me and they picked it up. I only lost one tool, but I just check it before the ride to make sure its tight and I have not had a problem since. It will works O.K. for me.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
Too much lost stuff on with fender mounted stuff. Minimize and carry it on you if necessary. Never used mine for myself, but as azcourt sez, your friends, or someone on the trail loves you. All good karma, anyways!!!

Top Bottom