Tradin' the boots in for a Dress...

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
This Saturday the East Coast Enduro Association is having their end-of-the-year banquet.  This event is held once a year as a year end trophy presentation and dinner party.  Many of the attendees stay the night at the hotel and party into the wee hours.  It is rather large and a very formal event.  Gowns and suits are the usual attire to this affair.

I did really good racing last year against some fast ladies and managed to secure first place for the year.  I know I'm gonna blush as red as a beet when I'm called up to recieve my trophy and have my picture taken in front of all those people!  Worst part is this is the only time all year that I wear a dress and high heels.  So after I trip on my dress and clubfoot my way to the stage; I'm gonna hafta' stand there without falling over (especially if I drink).  Like my boyfriend says ' Your no ballareina.'

Last year for this event when I placed fifth, I bought this beautiful long gown.  I love the dress so much (and would rather spend the money I save on a MotoTassanari reed cage for my KX) that I'm recycling it and re-wearing it.  Oh yea, did I forget to mention its the only dress I own.  I made a appointment with one of those fancy snobby salon places to stylize my 2in long hair and apply my make-up since all I have is powder and mascara.  I figured if I did myself up by myself I'd look like a stink'in clown with a mohawk.  Or one of those pin cushion head punk rocker kids.  I can't wait to go, so I figured I'd tell you ladies about it. :)    

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds like fun--nothing wrong with pincushion head punks, I'm tempted to go that way with my hair!

Congrats!

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Congratulations. If you fall over on the stage are you going to tell everybody at work on Monday it was a motorcyle crash or the truth?

Brian

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Congrats Lissa!!!!  You are cracking me up!! Sounds like fun!!  I hardly ever wear dresses either, but I do have this one long gown I bought for a Christmas Party and then the party got cancelled.  Its still in the closet two years later with the tag still on it.  Maybe I will go on a cruise one day and wear it then...

Have a blast, take pics, and tell us how it went!  Great job on your first place award!!!:thumb:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Sounds very familiar. :) Congratulations! Just take small steps and don't forget to hold up the front of your dress and you won't trip. As for standing still while drinking... good luck. :confused: Hehehe. Try and get some pictures posted for us. Have fun chica. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yeah, I got that dress in my closet too that I haven't worn in a long time . . .

theresa

Oct 16, 2002
Very funny post. For crying out loud don't fall and get hurt at the dinner! Congrats on the first place finish. Nice to hear other women that get more excited over motorcycle parts than a new dress. I had to wear a dress to a wedding this fall. Terrible site for all involved. Give me riding boots any day. Have fun!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I don't mind dresses, once every few months or so. I'm much more comfortable in pants though.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Hehe, I feel your pain. The only dress I've got is my wedding dress. Then again, I've got stuff all clothes anyway, but plenty of riding gear ;)
Do you have to make a speech of any sort? If I've got to speak in public, I get a ringing in my ears (worse than my tinnitus) and go pretty much totally deaf, shake like a leaf, probably turn red, feel like throwing up and stuff everything up ;) (lucky it doesn't happen often hehehe)

Huge congratulations on your 1st place though. That is totally awesome. Just keep reminding yourself "I worked bloody hard for this, this is my moment" or something like that. Ya know all your DRN buds are proud of you. And when you trip up, if you could get a photo of that, I'd appreciate a copy - it'll make me feel better hehehehe (j/k, you'll be fine).

Theresa, the two weddings I had to go to the other year (hard to believe it's over a year already), I wore jeans, but I'd told the bride/bridegroom beforehand that I was going to. (bride is a friend at one wedding, bridegroom is a riding buddy at the next - bad timing, one week apart - I hate weddings).

Let us know how you went & good luck. You'll be fine.

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Awesome acomplishment Lissa...1st ia 1st and takes a whole lot of focus and dedication to get there.. Heres to ya..Congrats !

You make me laugh though.. I can totaly relate to the dress thing !

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
just put your riding boots on under the dress. then in your mind you'll be rac'ing

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
CONGRATS LISA!!!! :yeehaw:

Just sit up front and that way you won't have that far to walk. I can't walk in heels either. I've never thought of wearing my boots under the dress but it does make sense. I've never twisted an ankle in them but dress shoes are another story.

Our banquet is this weekend to. Luckily, it's not that formal. Dress pants are usually fine.

I've got one of those dresses in my closet to. I should sell it though.......the add could read:

1 White wedding dress for sale. Beautiful, long train and sequins. Only worn once BY MISTAKE!

;)

Again, congrats on the first place. That's fantastic!

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by Michelle
Hehe, I feel your pain. The only dress I've got is my wedding dress.
Yeesh, I wore jeans and a white shirt to my own wedding; LOL! GOOD LUCK wearing that thing, Lissa, and have a blast; you deserve to play dress-up if you want to after working hard on such a great season!

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Dresses!! Actually I don't mind wearing the dress so much as I hate the panty hose. I had a skirt on the other day and as I headed out to work my husband told me I had a run in my hose!!!!! That was enough to make me go back in and put on jeans. When I was in Elementary I would Cry if I had to wear a dress. Then we had a all school dance and the girls had to wear dresses. We would be performing in front of our parents later in the afternoon. I begged my mom to let me put mine on just before the performance. She agreed but when it came time to put it on I just couldn't. I was the only girl not in a dress and man did I get in trouble for that. Thank God I was not born in the early 1900's.

Congrats on the trophy. It is cool to get an award like that. All the men's wives that don't ride will look at you and think, she doesn't really ride does she. I raced with the men so when I would go up to get the 1st place throphy in the Men's 200 B class all the wives would give their husbands crap!! he he

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Congratulations on 1st Place!!

When I lived in Phoenix, I was a Project Engineer for one of the largest highway construction companies in the US. Since I worked out in the field most of the time I always wore jeans. The Chief Estimator liked to kid me about not owning a dress (in a nice way, he was who prodded the District Manager to hire me since the Manager was a total chauvinist and I was the first female engineer in that district, one of only a handful in the company).

The company's Annual Meeting was always a big formal business affair with a formal dinner on Saturday night. I decided I would wear a dress and I did - a royal blue sequin cocktail dress with the tallest heels I could find to match. I curled my hair and put on makeup and headed down to the cocktail party with my now ex-husband.

I could hear one of the estimators behind me commenting to his wife "Who is THAT?" I was cracking up. The Chief Estimator was only about 5'7" tall and with my heels I was pushing 6'1" so I walked over to him and just stood there. He almost fell over, but he never gave me crap about not owning a dress again!

Just relax and take your time walking in the heels - you could try practicing a bit at home too! :)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thank you everybody for your support!  It really means alot to me! :)   I spent most of my earnings this past year, suffered some bad 'bouts of 'monkey-butt', and with stood some pretty ignorant comments (w/o causin' a scene) to get this trophy.  When I decided to do a full season of races last Febraury, I would have never believed I would have won first place, never even thought of it!  Not so soon anyway.  My goal for next year is to complete another full season and compete in the mens class now.  Since I race 250's I'm gonna start out in C-250 and set my goal for my B card. 

About pantyhoses, I don't even want to go there!  Either the crotch is between my knees or I tuck my dress into the back of my stockings.  Occasionally I rip'em before I even get them on all the way.   I like doing dress-up now and then, its just that I do it so rarely that I can't even walk right in heels.  I love hearing all the funny moments eveyone else has experienced too.  I'm always a little shy about posting, but you ladies have made me feel comfortable.  Thank you again. :yeehaw:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by Lissa
There will be some photos too, but how do ya' post 'em?
Well I'm no expert, but... First, ya get yer pics onto the web somewhere. You could either upload them to the DRN photos section, or "webshots.com," or a hundred other sites like that. Then when ya post here on DRN, use that "http:\\" button and follow the prompts to create a link to the address (URL) of either your whole picture page or just one picture. (PM me if you need more details). 'Can't wait to see yer pics!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Good luck with the heels, and congrats on 1st place, Lissa!

And what's this about the 2" hair??!! :scream:  What with the new bike and haircut, I'll probably be wondering who the "fast new chick" is at the races next year! ;)  

We had our WNYOA banquet a couple weeks ago-- not nearly so formal (thank goodness!)  Enjoy yours-- I hear it's a spectacular event.  

If you need help with the pics, let me know.  I can probably post a couple directly in the link for ya, if you don't have a separate web page for them.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
No way Brian! I'm a petite & dainty 5'10" - I just look big on my little pink bike! :)

You don't have to have your pics on the web though Lissa - as long as they are on your computer in either gif, jpg or jpeg format, you can attach them when you do your reply.

Look down at the bottom of the reply page just above the Submit Reply button. See the Attach file: and Browse button?

Click on Browse then click on the file wherever it is on your harddrive, click open and the file name should appear in the box next to Browse. Then Submit Reply!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Like this:

Ain't he pretty!!! ;)

Attachments

• cr500.jpg
    cr500.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 155

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Like this: Ain't he pretty!!!
Well he certainly IS a cutie!!! That just seems too easy, bbbom. I've totally been making it harder than it had to be, eh? 'Gotta give that a try...

Last edited:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Originally posted by CJ Rider
Well he certainly IS a cutie!!! That just seems too easy, bbbom. I've totally been making it harder than it had to be, eh? 'Gotta give that a try...
Only thing with that is you can only post one pic per post.
And Brian, Bbbom has always refered to her bike as a bloke - no doubt if she had a boat it'd be a he too ;) I guess the best part about that is with the bike, every time ya kick it, ya're kicking a male (wonder if it's in a painful spot lol).

So, Lissa, how'd ya do? As for not feeling comfortable posting here, pull up a chair & join in. Whose round for the beers? It really feels like a group of friends, with the odd cattiness & fight, but like real life, it passes. The best thing is, the group of friends gets bigger each time someone new comes along.

Top Bottom