justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I just bought a new Dodge PU. When I bought it, it did not have any trailer lights etc on it. I've got the hitch and lights on it but am having no luck with the electrc brakes. I found the plug under the steering wheel for the controller to hook to( four wires). I have the two wires coming out of the light plug in. But I cannot find any wires at the back of the truck to hook the two wires too.
I really do not want to have to run wires from the front to the back. Escpecially since there is a connector to hook the controller into. I have been unable to trace the wires through the firewall into the motor area. I just assume with the connection at the front that there are wires in the back. But I cannot find them. Any suggestions??

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
On my 99 I just bought a controler that was wired for a dodge and pluged it in where the 4 wire harness is pluged in now. It's kinda of a bite to unplug the harness. Tight, not much room for two hands.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
On another note yet along the same topic

Where is a good place to mount the electric brake controller in the full size Dodge trucks?

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
No it's already wired. Get the controller and plug it in (where the wireing harness is now). Mount it and your ready to go.
Jeff I just mounted mine bottom of the dash on the left side.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Mine did not have lights wired up. I found the wires under the dash, but none at the rear.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I've got my electric brake controller mounted where the ash tray was on my '00 Dodge. Pulled off the bezel around the instrument panel, unscrewed the climate control switch and I could get the nuts/bolts installed. If/when I sell the truck you'll never know there was a brake controller installed.

I think you're going to have to run the wires from the connector under the steering column all the way back to the trailer plug. I don't think those are wired unless you get the factory hitch/wiring.

Brian

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I'm surry. I thought you had a hitch and factory plug already on it. I thought all the trucks came with thr hitch and plug.If you don't have a factory setup then you'll have to run the wires.

Top Bottom