Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
1.The location is the clubgrounds for the Lansing Motorcycle Club in Mooretown, MI (7 miles east of Lake City and 10 miles north of M 55). There may be a detour on 8 mile. Take 8 mile north off M 55 and follow arrrows through Moorsetown to 7 mile then go north on 7 mile to bottom of the hill where the pavement ends and take a left (West) on Johnson Rd.

2. The cost is $15 per person or $25 per family and includes the trail ride, camping, dinner, and maybe some giveaways. We are planning a steak grill pot luck dinner after the ride Sat night with bench racing included. BYO Steak knifes! Chicken will also be served. Bringing food is not required but appreciated to complement the cook out. We never go away hungry!

3. There are trails available on site for small kids to ride but they need your supervision.

4. We ride rain or shine. The ride is about 40 miles and there is a lunch break in the middle byo lunch and drinks though. If your bike won't go 40 miles we have a gas truck at the lunch stop.

5. We have been known to get a pit bike race going after dinner so if you have a small bike or your kids don't mind you riding their bikes then you may just be in for some fun.

6. We recommend you have handguards on your bike, the trails are tight singletrack and in the past we have had guys do damage to their fingers because they don't have hand guards. Some of the trails are tighter than normal ORV fo sho.

7. We will have sweep riders to help get broken bikes out of the woods. This is not a race so you don't have to feel like riding overyour head and getting hurt.

8. We plan to break the group into smaller managable groups of "like" skill levels. Please be honest and sign up for the group that best describes your skill level or intentions for the day. We have riders ranging from "AA" level Enduro racers to little kids on 50's We have groups available to handle all skill levels.
We take a few rest breaks along the way but we like to keep the groups moving so we get every body back and have time to get broken bikes back in before dinner. We do take a long lunch break.

Post any more questions you may have to this thread.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred T said:
7. We will have sweep riders to help get broken bikes/people/radiators out of the woods. This is not a race so you don't have to feel like riding overyour head and getting hurt. .

Hey, I resemble that remark! And a fine job of sweep riding they do! :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
KTM Mike said:
Hey, I resemble that remark! And a fine job of sweep riding they do! :cool:

I have solid billet alum rad guards this year so no worries. You just need to keep her on 2 wheels there mister.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
INCA said:
Fred - Shouldn't that be 7 mile for the first two 8?

Last time I was up there the detour was still going on.

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
I'll check when I'm in Lake City this week (about 7 Mi. Rd. being closed)...

I think the detour is on Star City Rd. Rather than 8 MI.

Mike Sr.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
The detour is Star City Rd., if you turn on 8 mile you are too far west. I was at the clubgrounds Oct. 7-8 and the 7 mile road detour is still up. Out of curiosity I drove down 7 mile road to see if it was usable, and it is to a point, but I would definately recommend following the detour arrows through Moorestown. Have a good day, gotta get back to work! :) Nick P.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Scotty, you can ride Deb's QUAD!!!!!!!
It has a rack for a cooler & you can steer it one handed.
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Maybe together we twist the throttle on your beer cooler Scotty then see if we can follow everybody down the single track with my Yamaha Rino?...With the A-AA riders of course! The 3 yell rule will be excersised. "Look Out Look Out Look Out" :laugh:

DW

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Brian, about an inch but last night I was coming home at 3:00 AM from a job in Gaylord and there was around 4" on the ground. The sun is shining now, hope I melts before Trailfest or I will be mounting up the Trelleys. :bang:
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
scottyb479 said:
I will be there, no riding my bike but I have a beer colder ready and waiting! Getting hurt sucks!

Scotty
One of the second most fun things to do at trail fest is to be the gas truck crew and keep the beer rotated in the beer cooler for us. Please check "born on dates" and drink up that old stuff before it gets stale. The job is your if you want it. :cool:

RIDDICK546

Aug 9, 2006
Yes Tctrailrider I Did Sell Them. Trying To Save Up Money For My New Race Team. It's Called "piss Don Off Factory Racing". Probably Going To Be Sponsored By Ktm.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
RIDDICK546 said:
Yes Tctrailrider I Did Sell Them. Trying To Save Up Money For My New Race Team. It's Called "piss Don Off Factory Racing". Probably Going To Be Sponsored By Ktm.

Team POD, I like it! :nod:

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Wolverine423 said:
Maybe together we twist the throttle on your beer cooler Scotty then see if we can follow everybody down the single track with my Yamaha Rino?...With the A-AA riders of course! The 3 yell rule will be excersised. "Look Out Look Out Look Out" :laugh:

DW

Hell Ya I am in! No quads yet. I cant even raise my hand. But the old man is going to ride my bike for me and get it ready for when I can ride. Sounds like DEC. :|

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Permit received from the DNR today. We are legal.

In addition to the dinner on Saturday night, the early arrivals may be treated to a pancake breakfast. NO, not Don Marsh. One of the LMC clubmembers called me today and is looking to provide some food before the ride. I explained to her that we may have 100 people at the clubgrounds this weekend. We do have a restaurant coffee maker and it will be on at 7:00am.

Almost forgot another new feature to Trailfest....video cam!!! However, you either need to be able to pass Cody Fastendang or we may get a view of your azzz as he passed you! :p

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
Permit received from the DNR today. We are legal.

In addition to the dinner on Saturday night, the early arrivals may be treated to a pancake breakfast. NO, not Don Marsh. One of the LMC clubmembers called me today and is looking to provide some food before the ride. I explained to her that we may have 100 people at the clubgrounds this weekend. We do have a restaurant coffee maker and it will be on at 7:00am.

Almost forgot another new feature to Trailfest....video cam!!! However, you either need to be able to pass Cody Fastendang or we may get a view of your azzz as he passed you! :p

CODY
Just give them a hair cut and record their crash as you buzz by them. Yee ha!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Each year we seem to have a couple of Natioal caliber riders at this event. In the past we have ridden with Lykke, Keen, and Naperialski. I have talked to Leroy and he plans to be there as does Alan Randt. Should be a lot of fun!

Top Bottom