Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Has anyone tried to use the Trail Tech Endurance computer for enduros? I have an MX bike and need to get an odometer for enduros. This will be my first year in Enduros so I don't want to fork out $270-$500 for a computer just yet. I do need an odometer though so the $79 Trail Tech looks appealing.

larosche

Apr 20, 2000
The Trail Tech is only OK for Enduros. It is not easily reset to an exact mileage. It only goes to 1/10 of a mile for settings.
Also it takes time to reset to a mileage. It would probably be OK for someone getting into Enduros and wanting to learn timekeeping with a clock and roll chart.
For your situation, it is probably the best bet. If you think you are going to stay with off road then I would suggest the Watchdog 2000.
Are you planning to ride the Acadiana race? If so then hook up with an A or B rider and just stay with them.
RAD DAD

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, Acadiana will be my first one. I am riding with a B rider. I "plan" to follow him. Thanks Ed.

Treefinder, that is a good idea. Thanks.

RanMan

May 22, 2002
It will work and it is good to learn the hard
way in case one day your computer konks out
or something. I started enduros last year and still
use a Trail Tech, but only because I can't afford
enduro computer. Beware though.......when you
get to a reset, that you know FOR SURE how to
adjust mileage. At Rockford this past year, I was keeping
pretty good time until one reset when I hit the wrong
buttons and cleared the whole darn thing. :)

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
LOL Ran Man, I've been there , done that. Some times I get real eratic readings from my "endurance" odometer, like for the maximum speed attained, 87MPH on a CR250 with a 1 tooth larger than stock, rear sprocket. I don't think so.

Top Bottom