FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
. If anyone wants to ride un-crowded trails, Mon should be the day to do it.

fremontguy, Buddy and I would like to try riding with you on Monday.

Mini
PS We are going scuba diving tomorrow!!! ;)

dirttrails

Mar 20, 2002
Woo-hoo! Finally going to have a race!! Ya I've been waiting for this since I missed getting into the 2001 TW enduro.

I'll be on minute 23 in either the B or C slot (I'll be on a ttr225), and I should be getting up there at about 7am or so.

But dang I'm excited!!!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Mini, have a great time in Puerta Vallarta. Mick and I were there in September and had a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks, Belinda!
Puerto Vallarta got severe damage from a hurricane a few weeks ago. Some of the big hotels here are still closed for the repair. It´s kind of sad.
Yesterday we went scuba diving, but the boat ride was awful. :ugg: So what did I do? I thought about riding dirt bikes while the boat was going over the big waves...like going over those water bars on trails. Then I started enjoying the nasty boat ride. :cool:

Not only is he a sandbagger, but every time I ride with him and Belinda, he loads my bike for me at the end of the day and rides sweep for my slow butt. Sheesh.

That´s really true! Mick is always very helpful when Buddy works on his bike.
It´s always very nice to have Mick and Belinda around, because they are fun! :)

Mini

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
I gotta start hanging out with you guys. I could use more riding buddies like you all! ;)

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Can't wait till Sunday. Look foward to seeing all of you guys. Talk with you soon I hope... :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I'm having a quandary/dilemma thingy about whether I should go up to Forrest Hill Saturday afternoon or early Sunday morning.  All depends if I get my chores done around the house.  I'm making a deal with myself that if I get XYZ done around here, I will head up Saturday, maybe get in a little afternoon delight (that would be a ride on my kTm ;) ) if its still light out.

ktmchick, Jonala, where are you camping??  Ah, well, Sugarpine is not that big, I could ride around and find you somehow.  Are Pierre and Jennifer coming up too?  ScottYZ250, I'll see you up there and I really would like to take a spin on the YZ this time!!

I'm totally up for this enduro, its gonna be so much fun! :yeehaw:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Family enduro's should be run on Saturday's. I need a day to recover. No not physically, but mentally.

Today I was trying to convert a machine from running one product to another product. All I could see is a singletrack running through trees, not a micro product going down a track. Tires biting into loam, riding with friends, freezing my :moon: off during the night. What FUN!!! :yeehaw:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I know what you mean!! I was in two meetings today and both times I kept drifting off, envisioning the trail before me, the rocky switchbacks on trail 4, thinking about how much better my score woulda been had I not burned two checks, the cool forrest air at mile 37.2.......

BTW, I posted my recap of the enduro in the Ride Reports Forum.

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Congratulations to everyone with your excellent placings. Now this Brian Meadows guy. Shows up the day of the race, with a digital wrist watch complete with instruction pak. Spends 10 minutes sync'ing the watch with the official clock.

THEN GOES AND WINS HIS CLASS!!!!!!! :flame:
SANDBAGGER!!!!!! :flame:

I'll assume you'll be moving up in class next year. You are a "A" type of individual, go directly to "A" category. :aj:

ktmchick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah what is with that Brian?

:yeehaw: Ha Great job though! I'm impressed.

Congrats on everyone's placings. That was fun. Let's do it again next year!

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
For the second time this year, I missed trophying at the Training Wheels by one position in my class. :(

Of course they can't be expected to trophy all the way down to last place ;)

See you all soon...

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Now this Brian Meadows guy. Shows up the day of the race, with a digital wrist watch complete with instruction pak. Spends 10 minutes sync'ing the watch with the official clock.THEN GOES AND WINS HIS CLASS!!!!!!!
SANDBAGGER!!!!!!

I'll assume you'll be moving up in class next year. You are a "A" type of individual, go directly to "A" category.

:) :) :) :) :)

Great job, everybody!

Mini

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Now wait just a minute!!!!! I've ridden 2 family enduros including the TW & one real enduro. I'm not a sand bagger. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not. We'll see how I do in the '03 season and if I beat Quick Mick's record then you can call me a sand bagger:)

Seriously, I rode very well, for me at least, in the test sections and I got lucky. Just ask Jonala how I ride when I'm having an off day. Any one remember the last time I rode Elkins with everybody? I drove 5 hours, rode ~20 miles and packed it up because I was a threat to myself and others.....

Brian

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Brian,

Your explanantion is proof that if you are not a sandbagger then you must be a up and coming enduro rider. You stated that you've been out only 3X this year. I have never seen you have a bad day. You always sweep group rides. This allows you to drop back, then tear it up catching back up. :p Very clever. ;)

Now you are talking about replacing your talking Homer Simpson digital watch :thumb: for a real enduro computer. Oh boy I can see you taking overall C next year until you bump up.

Remember us spodes when you move up. :cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Former national champ Kevin Hines at www.elineaccessories.com imported complete CRE bikes from Italy for a few years in the mid '90s. These were CR's converted in Italy for enduro.

By the late '90's, Hines stopped importing the bikes but offered enduro kits where the buyer could get the various goodies (many devloped in Italy) and add them to a CR. The CRE usually has a kickstand and an extra frame that goes beneah the rear fender. My bike was previously owned by D-36 AA rider Dave Wood, and he added a boat load of e-line goodies including lighting. It is a sensational trail bike, IMO.

There are a few photos in my DRN gallery.

And now we return to your regularly scheduled topic...

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I remember being in line to sign in and seeing NVR FNSH, over to the side, verrrrry INTENTLY scrutinizing his fancy electronic timing device....I kept an eye on him because I was waiting to catch his attention so that I could say hello to him.  Sometimes the only time you see your friends at these things is at the start or you miss your opportunity for bonding if they finish and you're slow, and they pack up, and you're still out on the trail...you understand?  So anyway, the sign in trailer is kinda like the funnel cake trailer/concession at the State Fair.  You order your funnel cake at one window (show your AMA card/District36 card)  move to the next window around the corner and pick up your goodie (get your score card and pay your fees) then move to the last window to get your powdered sugar (pick up your JART Chart).  Everytime I moved to another window I made sure NVR FNSH hadn't walked away so I could say HI! and he's still verrrrry intently programming his new fancy electronic enduro timing device. I woulda never known it was a Homer Simpson watch from Burger King????  Holy Crap.  I gotta get out more often. 

So Brian, I got some Homer Simpson Coasters at the gag gift exchange party at work this weekend.  When you apply pressure it says "MMMMMmmmmm Beer!" in Homer's voice.  It amost sounds like "Tuuuuurrrrnnn HERE!" you can borrow it sometime if you ever feel like you're going to miss a turn out there flying at the speed of A class Light. :debil:

NVR FNSH.......SANDBAGGER!!!!!!!! :) ;)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by Jonala
...Now this Brian Meadows guy. Shows up the day of the race, with a digital wrist watch complete with instruction pak. Spends 10 minutes sync'ing the watch with the official clock.

OK, Natalie, John really wasn't kidding about me spending 10 minutes trying to get the Homer Simpson watch synced with the race clock. It wasn't a high tech enduro thingy I was intently studying - it was a $15 WalMart digital watch.....

Did I foget to mention I forgot to zero my odometer at the start? I really did. Luckily I realized it about 100 yds into the course and corrected it at the 2.9 mile mark.

All in all I think everybody had a great time and I really hope that treefinder can help CERA run another great race in June.

And remember, there were kids that had lower scores than me......

Brian

Top Bottom