GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Something happened this morning that brought back the following memory:

Me, 7-years old, crying hysterically after a royal butt chewing for leaving my bicycle behind Dad's '72 Ford Pickup. Yup. The inevitable happens when a kid "forgets" and leaves things laying around. Dad didn't see it and he backed right over it. The bike was crushed and broken, the pretty basket with plastic flowers crumpled as well. :(

Fast forward 33 years. It's the day after Thanksgiving 2005 and I've left Mom an Dad's place, heading on my way back to my own house. I'm filling up at the gas station when my cell phone rings. It's Dad:

"Hey, you left something behind Mom's Tahoe and she just backed over it!" He wanted me to come back to the house. (For a butt chewing?? ;) ).

Dang! I now clearly remembered what it was. It was my Troy Lee Designs Gear bag on wheels. Inside was all my gear, the helmet, the chest protector, the Alpinestars, and a bunch of other stuff. I had removed it from the back of my Yukon and stashed it behind Mom's Tahoe so that we could load my vehicle with pumpkin pies, side dishes and fruit trays that we were taking over to my sister's for dinner the night before. I had forgotten the gear bag before I headed out of town.

As I drove back to my parents house, I also remembered that my NiteRider helmet light (read: very expensive replacement parts :ohmy: ) was inside. Dang, I hoped it had survived.

At that point I was a little more worried about my Mom. She probably got freaked out when she knew she had backed over something and since they have a big black dog, I'm sure the first thing that registered in her mind when she investigate was that the black mass under her wheels might have been the family pet. Poor Mom.

When I drove up to the house, I could see the "I feel so bad about this" look on her face. I told her it wasn't her fault and tried to make light of the issue by bringing up the "Hey remember when I left my bike behind Dad's truck when I was seven?" story, which helped a little.

My helmet was competeley smashed, and the chest protector was cracked up. The NiteRider light system somehow stayed intact, and a quart of oil somehow did not burst and ooze all over everything. :cool: The bag took some roughing up, but the wheels and hand-pull system still work fine.

I guess I should have learned my lesson when I was seven, so let this be a lesson to us all !!!

DON'T LEAVE YOUR STUFF BEHIND THE TRUCK!!!!

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
So what kind of helmet you gonna get this time?????? Happy to hear the rest pretty much survived, that could have been alot more expensive than it was.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
That gives me an idea......the wife is blond.... she'd never see the bag..... ;)

Sorry to hear about your helmet, Matt

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
I ran over my kids bike a few years back, I was more bummed than he was, he got a new bike!
Bummer about your helmet though.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
That same thing happened to me as a kid, my dad ran over my mountain bike and I got the the blame! Funny how things change as you get older. Kids eh?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Maybe Predcaso will draw a picture for you.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Bummer, great excuse to buy a new helmet :)

I dropped my cell phone, forgot that I dropped it and drove over it with my Ranger. It didn't make it :(

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Mrs.YZ165 said:
So what kind of helmet you gonna get this time?????? .

Well, I suppose I'll have to go shopping now.... ;)

Mrs.YZ165

Sponsoring Member
Dec 20, 2004
I was looking in the motosport goodie book and there is this cool SXT Helmet by thor....its called pink pearl and if I didn't already have the coolest helmet in the world, thanks to my hubby, :) I would put that one on my wish list.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Every time I have to replace a helmet its due to a big crash. Just once... :think: Better the bag then the dog! ;)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Let me know what you get, i busted mine up today :laugh: Anybody got an Advil?? :laugh:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I knew that your kight rider light would survive. We were talking with the knightrider guys at the 24 hours of Perry Mountain and he told us that at races, the run over the whole light with a 3/4 ton pick up (to demonstrate how tough the unit it) and have never broken the casing. He basically, said that if you crash hard enough to break this light, you've got bigger problems then a broken light.

Have fun shopping for a new lid.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Timr said:
I knew that your kight rider light would survive.
A lone crimefighter battles the forces of evil with the help of an indestructible and artificially intelligent supercar -- Knight Rider

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Woah Natty...lesson learned I assume?

Bummer about the broken objects...but going shopping for new ones is ALWAYS a good time!

Glad to hear your light made it out alright!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Yeah, I don't wanna shop for another light system. The replacement bulb alone cost $109.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Top Bottom