TUF racing /Waterman indoor track

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
IMO that track seems ok for a beginner. I didn't ride it (payed real close attention though...no one crashed except for one A guy in the whoops and a few guys fell over in the corners) but the jumps seem good and safe. The only narly part is that whoop section. Just go in C practice and go at your own pace. If you get in someones way they'll get by, no problem.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Agreed with motosquid - you should be fine in the C/beginner practice. Waterman is really safe aside from if you try to fly through the whoops. But if you go slow through the whoops - then you'll be fine through those. There are really only 2 jumps over 15 feet in distance and they are both 3 bike wide tabletops (now if you're an A rider and can make triples out of the rhythm section or clear the one bigger double then there are more bigger jumps). If you're clearing both of the big tables pretty easily and can get through the turns fairly well, then you might have more fun in the B practice. When I was there a few weeks ago, most of the C riders were not clearing the two bigger tables. Now the C class during a race will be a whole different story where most everyone will be doing all the jumps.

Good luck! I might try for a trip to Waterman this weekend.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool - I just saw that WIR has updated their site - it's now fully functional with photos and videos and all that good stuff! www.wir-mx.com

slowmorider

Dec 9, 2003
Thanks all. I'm sure I would go slow at first but from my experiance at Sunset with the other "C" riders it seemed as if I was way out classed. If I get some money from Santa I'll probably try to get a private lesson from Jeff first and see how it goes from there.

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
Hey I was wondering if any of you guys are giong there to practice Monday, the 29th? I f you guys go, I would like to meet up, I'm on a tricked out thumper number 754 and my buddy is on one too number 881. I was just wondering if any of you guys are goin? THANKS

RunsreyM

Dec 26, 2003
Yeah, I'm just wondering if they do split up the riding times between the beginner, novice, and expert riders? I just dont want to go there and then happen to go over a blind jump and land on some unsuspecting person. Also, do they have some kind of flaggins system there to signal riders of other fallen down riders?

Top Bottom