IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by motormichael
How is the camping at LBL? Is there a problem with theft? Is anyone else camping?Mike

Personally I have never had anything stolen,(knock on wood) but I almost lost my Zinger once, check the flame board under my screen name for that one. The tools I leave locked in the vehicle, as for camping gear you are good to go. My experiances with LBL have been great, better yet,

Mike, is there room on your rental for a tent?

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I've never had any problems with theft. I always leave my keys in the ignition and things out in the open. Other than Irish's incident I've NEVER heard of anything happening.

Tim (trsrdr) and his friend Mike will be camping.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Oh man, I may just be stopping in Clarksville to pick up the gear, if there are a bunch of folks camping I may have to go that route just to say that I was one of the "Hard Core" individuals that I am :)

I'm sure YZ400guy wouldn't mind my borrowing the grill for steaks and such(Not to mention Coffee!). It's still early in the week, I'll check with him and get back to you guys ;)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Well...the wife was a bit edgy about me goin on another ecapade, but tonight at dinner the weather was on and she said that looked like it was going to be decent weather for my bike ride. :thumb:

I never said a word and took it to mean I'm good to go!

I guess I'm gonna try to get a room for Fri night, and I have to head back Sat night. If I can't get a room I will just camp out in my trailer. I will have my generator with me.

Update me, Corey...Im commin' to LBL! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Whoo Hooo!

If Jay is camping I may just have to stay out there!

Jay, the fire will be up and the cooler will be full! :thumb:

Look at it this way, we can watch Lou and Searge Detonate the cabin that Mikeb rented :)

Damn, this is one weekend I will never forget!

KyKTM835

Dec 7, 2000
Cal, sorry I haven't responded sooner about this. I was really wanting to go but I sold my bike last week :( and I am also having hernia surgery on the 11th. :ugg: I haven't even rode all summer, not since we were at TB earlier with ya'll.

Later
Bill

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by KyKTM835
Cal, sorry I haven't responded sooner about this. I was really wanting to go but I sold my bike last week :( and I am also having hernia surgery on the 11th. :ugg: I haven't even rode all summer, not since we were at TB earlier with ya'll.

Later
Bill

I hate to hear that Bill. :ugg: I hope everything goes well with your surgery. Let us know if you need anything. :thumb:

KDX Kawboy

~SPONSOR~
Nov 5, 1999
Jaybird,
I talked to the people at Ken Oaks Lodge today and they had acouple of rooms/cottages. Reasonable prices, decent accomadations. !/2 mile from the bridge in Aurora. About 4 miles from TB. We were going to stay there but the weather sounds nice enough to camp.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Here's an idea:

Would any of you guys be interested in coming to my house to eat Saturday night? We could do pizza or grill or whatever. I hate to have everyone here and so close to my home, and not have everyone over. There is a stipulation though...NO drinking or smoking.

If you'd like to, let me know. If not, no big deal. DO NOT worry about hurting my feelings. Just thought I would throw it out there. :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Mikeb,
and other group homies, at the present time, my game plan is to arrive between 7 and 9 on Friday. Thanks to CAL and Mike for bringing a mattress for me. Ill have a sleeping bag, sheets or sumthin.

Mike check your pm

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Corey,
Very kewl of you to invite us for a meal! I will have to travel back home after the riding on Saturday, so I don't think I can make it.

Irish,
I'm not much of a drinker either, so y'all can divy up my share! I will enjoy watching the escapades though! LOL :)

Kawboy,
I think I may just sleep Fri. night in my trailer. Weather should be fine and I have my generator and heater just in case the hawk does want to bite at night.
I guesss I need to go back through this thread and see where everyone is going to meet....I guess I'm heading striaght to TB and sign in, and head to the campground. Not sure what time I'll be arriving yet.

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
WaltCMoto .. Got your PM and your # .. WIll call you if we are not in the cabin around 7 pm to let you know where the key is.

Irish .... detonate the cabin?? :eek: I am glad I reserved it under your name :p

Jaybird, Kawboy I believe back on page 8 of this thread is part of a map telling us where to meet. There are some good camping spots right across the gravel road from where we are to meet. Just go thru the gate then 1/4 mile down the gravel road the meeting area is first big gravel lot on the right and the camp spots I am talking about are first gravel road to the left. We usually camp but with the weather lately I didnt want to freeze BUT this weekend LOOKS GREAT. Missed meeting youat DW02.. Looking forward to it Jaybird. :thumb:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Page 8? I think that depends on how your preferences are set up. This thread is only 5 pages long with my settings. The little map is in post # 150. If anyone would like a larger map with the route to TB highlighted, I can email it to you. I had to really cut the size down on the map I posted.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Crap. I sold my 250F to a local guy and volunteered to deliver the bike at the track Saturday so I could help him assimilate. Then I removed my head from my ass and remembered that I'm supposed to be a LBL this weekend.

I thought about the situation for .0035 seconds and feel I've made the correct decision.

There are approximately 30 good reasons to go to LBL, and 3500 good reasons to stay here. :silly: Sorry, guys. I gotta do the sales/schmooze thing. I really hate it, but this is a golden opportunity to sell my F with ZERO effort. I know you guys will be crushed, but try to have fun anyway.

If it will make it easier for you, I'll send an 8x10 glossy of me. :moon:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Forecast has changed again!

high of 66 Friday & Sunday
high of 69 Saturday

Aimee...what's that about being cold in November? ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Of course the weather will be perfect. If I could be there, it would be 40 degrees and raining.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
If I could be there, it would be 40 degrees and raining.

That's exactly how it was last Sat. when Eddie & I rode at St. Joe. We deserve a weekend of good weather!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

That's exactly how it was last Sat. when Eddie & I rode at St. Joe. We deserve a weekend of good weather!

Or what about two weeks ago when you chickened out due to a little rain? :moon: :)

Sorry to hear that Larry, you'll just have to make it up in March :thumb:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
JP .. Sell him the bike Thurs night and then come on up. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Just about your speed.

WaltCmoto .. Looks like we now have some bedspace open :thumb:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU

Or what about two weeks ago when you chickened out due to a little rain? :moon: :)

We'll see who chickens out this weekend. :moon:

BTW, I'm mounting a fresh Maxxis IT on the rear tomorrow night. :p

Top Bottom